Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hpo is too low to start at 210 psi you need 500 psi to start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 f250 6.0l no start no smoke no codes

Hi, like the title says its an 03 6.0l. about a week ago I would start it, then it would die after 30 seconds then second start it would run fine. I parked it for 2 hours then came out and no start at all, cranks well, no smoke, threw a code for ICP changed that and the pigtail, now no codes and still no start. any help would be awesome thanks

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Follow the some of the diagnostic instructions and starting your own thread with some of your findings and people will be willing to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
not starting

hello. i have a 1997 f250 7.3 diesel engine. on saturday i was driving down the interstate and the truck just died on me. i had it towed home and i have no idea what it could be. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
You will want to post in the 7.3 section as this is the 6.0 section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 powerstroke. I'm have problems with no crank. No start. You turn the key to on and the plugs glow and once they cycle you go to start the vehicle and it does nothing. No clicks no cranks. I'm not exactly sure what I need to look for. Everything seems normal u till you turn the key and nothing happens Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2007 f250 4inch turbo back sct programmer. The other day leaving a light got on the truck kind of hard and it just died. It turns over fine and does not start. Cleaned and replaced ipr screen . Hot builds 1400 psi . Have fuel building in filter housing . I've kind of hit a wall hpop is good but still no start. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Check the ficm. Also you would have a lot better luck if you start your own thread.

Reactions: MickMechanic

·
Registered
6 Posts
No start issue?

Ok I have an late style 04 350. It's a hot no start. Pulled codes and said cylinder 1,4,6,7 injector circuit high. I suspect ficm for that. Also has rough idle with bucking till about a mile or 2 down rd. But ficm volts are perfect. On hot no start I followed the gauges. Icp 22 to 24 at idle with 585 to 600 pressure. When it dies it's no sputter no nothing just like u turned the key off. When trying to restart there is no ipr pressure and it's at 85% . Some times u can drove half day sometimes 30 minutes but it won't start until it's cooled off. I have done pressure test and it loses about 1 pound or so a minute. It has new dummy plugs. Egr delete, old oil cooler delete and moved head studs. This truck has broke. Down every 6 months since I bought it. I paid 15 for it and have close to 20 back into it with repairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NEW TO FORUMS 6.0L CRANK NO START

Hello there this is my first time using a forum for help before so I don't know if im doing it right. I have a 2006 f-350 6.0L and it will not start. I have remove the oil temp sensor and put a oil pressure gauge in its place. for the first 5 to 8 sec in the am or after it sits for a long time I have 0 psi and then it will go up to around 65 psi. using a snap-on scan tool my ICP shows 0 PSI and 0.25 volts with key on and when cranking when the low side shows 65 psi. The IPR when cranking shows 85% and I have sync. FICM is at 48 volts all the time. If I unplug the ICP the voltage goes to 0 and when cranking I get white smoke out the back of the exhaust. I have a for oil filter with the OEM cap. I have remove to filter and check to see if the drain back valve is holding the oil when pushed down and it is. what I'm not getting is why I have 0 psi on the ICP when I have 65 psi on the low side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue with my truck. I still can’t get it to start and it has been 5 months. I have had several dealer mechanics look at it and all want the easy way out by saying I need to change the whole fuel system , But no is guaranteeing that it will start after that. THATS THE PROBLEM. I have a tuner on there that has deleted the egr and hdf , I changed the crank sensor, fuel filters, send fuel pump. I get 3-4 psi on the low side and 4800-5100 psi on the high side according to the computer.no codes at all, only when I put the original software back to stock then I just get a code for egr it has been deleted. When you crank it and it does it on its own and at the end it seems like its going to start but then stops. Very painful!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alright there are tons of no start issue question being posted so this will help you narrow it down and/or provide the rest of us important information to be able to help you. A big bonus would be if you have an Edge CTS this will help in your search.

1. Is it a no start hot or cold issue (hot being up to running temps and cold being starting it when it is cold)

2. Check your FICM voltage this is very important. If the voltage is below 46 consider a replacement or rebuild. It should still start with that voltage but if it is lower than 38 ish this is likely your issue.

3. If it is a hot start these are things to consider ICP, IPR, HPOP, and possible oil rail leaks.

4. CEL? If so scan for codes this will help.

5. Was your truck doing anything odd before the no start for example loss of power unusual sounds let us know when you post.

This will help you get started and will greatly help us help you diagnose a problem we don't get the opportunity to experience in person.

Here is a LINK to add to this

Please don't post any question in here but feel free to add more information that is relative and will help aid in the diagnostic process.
:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:

Sticky would be very beneficial
I’m having a cold no start issue after my sinister diesel oil bypass filter came loose and splurged oil everywhere. I cleaned everything up, went to get on the highway and it started surging and hesitating when WOT.

The next day it’s start and shut off. Couldn’t keep an idle.

The following day- cold no start. Just cranks and cranks. ICP unplugged. 15-35 degrees on average, idk what is wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright there are tons of no start issue question being posted so this will help you narrow it down and/or provide the rest of us important information to be able to help you. A big bonus would be if you have an Edge CTS this will help in your search.

1. Is it a no start hot or cold issue (hot being up to running temps and cold being starting it when it is cold)

2. Check your FICM voltage this is very important. If the voltage is below 46 consider a replacement or rebuild. It should still start with that voltage but if it is lower than 38 ish this is likely your issue.

3. If it is a hot start these are things to consider ICP, IPR, HPOP, and possible oil rail leaks.

4. CEL? If so scan for codes this will help.

5. Was your truck doing anything odd before the no start for example loss of power unusual sounds let us know when you post.

This will help you get started and will greatly help us help you diagnose a problem we don't get the opportunity to experience in person.

Here is a LINK to add to this

Please don't post any question in here but feel free to add more information that is relative and will help aid in the diagnostic process.
:icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford:

Sticky would be very beneficial
Heres my no start story.
Purchased a 04 f350 with 113,000 miles, ran and drove good for about 1500 miles. It always seemed to turn over a bit too long before firing. Took a 1000 mile one way trip to California through 115 degree temps, all good. One time during starting I let off the key too soon and the engine stumbled and failed to start. After that no starting over a couple days.
1) I unplugged ICP, still no start
2) removed IPR, the screen was stuck in the hole and needed to be fished out with a dental pick. Further inspection revealed the first o-ring was damaged. No rattle during shake. Replaced IPR and truck starts without the 2.5 - 3 seconds of cranking it used to require. Long crank was a clue I suspect.

Thanks for all the contributors! I love you guys!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.