Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 2004 6.0 i was driving it and it slowly started to lose power
Then it lost all power I put the pedal to the floor and it barely moved
I pulled over and killed it and it wouldn't start so I got it home it sat for a couple
Of hours and it started I let it run for. While still had no power when I gave of gas
And eventually died now won't start at all but will crank.
Please help

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you read this thread? Did you check all of the things that were suggested? If you didn't then start there if you did then start your own thread and post your findings and you will find your help

Reactions: MickMechanic

·
Registered
35 Posts
I posted in another forum, but was curious if there are any quick fixes for a truck that has never had an issue starting.

I started the truck drove it for a few minutes with no problems, parked it turned it off and about three minutes later would not start. Everything was like normal except when the glow plug light went off and I cranked it nothing happens.

I tried wiggling the gear selector and no change, my truck is currently stranded and trying to look for a quick fix without getting it towed in the morning. My first though was a fuse but nothing on these posts would suggest that. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
03 6.0

Today when i was driving i was about 50 miles from home when my truck just seemed to lose power and was spitting and sputtering until it finally just quit on me and wouldnt start.. after i had it flat beded back home i went and tried to start it and after about 10-15 seconds of cranking it started up... and after i let it run i just it off and tried again and it fired right up without missing a beat..any ideas on what this could be?? I was told it could be water in my fuel (i didnt fill up at the same place as normal do to travel)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Read everything previously posted if you don't find your answer then start a new thread with all of your information you have found while trouble shooting

Reactions: MickMechanic

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 f250 turbo diesel start problems

I have a 05 ford f250 turbo diesel, I had the problem with the EGR and we change it and it run but after test driving it didn't wont to turn on,
so it didn't start then the mechanic said it was the fuel pump bc it didnt pump fuel so we change it and now it didnt want to turn on.
We've charge the batteries and is still dont want to start.

ANY HELP??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I am new here and need a little help. I have a 2005 F350 6.0 I just put MBRP dual exhaust on it and gave it a little fuel to hear how the pipes sound and the truck just shut off and will not start. It will crank but not start, I just put a new FICM in it last week with a tune from ficmrepair.com, fuel filters have been change in the last week. I have a bullydog gt on the truck and it is showing no codes. I pulled off the secondary fuel filter cap and it has fuel it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
no crank, no start issue,
Parked it in the garage last week and went to start it the next am and it... ahem let me thry to spell the sounds... it tuned over about 2 revs and then started to wheez as it was turning over then wouldn't even turn over. Replaced both batteries and the starter (told you I could do that as well as the dealers can) with no change, no turn over, no sound.
The old starter was very hot (and a little smoke) after I tried to start it and then just held the key in the start position (that's why I swaped it out initially).
Thought it was hydrauliced with water or maybe even fuel as the oil level was higher than it should be (leaking EGR or broken injector?). Checked the water level and it's not low, so I turned the engine backwards by hand (not fun) tried to start it again and only after I jostled the ingnition cylinder around and turned it to start quickly multiple times (in frustration) did it start.
Turned it off and tried to start it again, nothing, until I jostled the key and rapidly tuned it to start many times.
I'm thinking it's either the electric switch in the column or starter relay, also after looking at some other sites am going to check the AC compressor to se if it is siezed. Not having much luck locating the relay though. Anyone know where it's located?
Anyone else have this happen to them? (insert cricket serenade)

·
Registered
6 Posts
usual crank no start hot. need advice

it all started about 5000 miles ago my 07 f350 6.0 powerstroke decided it would take longer and longer to crank until one day it would not start. my crank no start issue was diagnosed as injector orings where the nipple cups seat on the top. changed all injector orings nipple cup orings and put all back together. truck started like a snap everything was fine. 5000 or so miles later truck started to take about 3 to 4 seconds to crank in the morning and when i would go to leave from work about 10 to 12 hours later it would take a little longer to crank but would start. decided to garage it and check my readings with the edge cts.

they are as follows.

Key on engine off - cold:
Ficm Voltage 50.00 swamps diesel
ICP 15-18 psi and .30 voltage
Injector pulse width ms 0.00
Fuel pressure 64.5 Psi
Will start but is anywhere from 1 second to 10 seconds

During Crank:
Ficm Voltage 50.00
ICP voltage builds to .70
ICP builds to 500 psi in about 4 seconds and runs at 820
IPW ms 3.0-4.0 then down to .70 - .80
Fuel pressure drops to zero till truck starts then runs at 65 Psi

Put in reverse drove back then park truck still running:
Ficm 50.00
Icp psi 760 voltage 1.0
IPW ms .70-.80
Fuel pressure 64.9

Drove till warm still running:
Ficm voltage 50.00
Icp psi 600
Icp voltage .9
Ipw ms .90 - 1.0
Fuel pressure 64.9

When running in park rpm starts to increase sometimes to 750 sometimes to 950, push brake rpms go back to idle at 675.

Codes:
Po232 fuel pump secondary circuit high (code has come and gone before.)

decided to change the icp sensor even tryed it unplugged and its the same issue.

went for it and change the stc fitting which had already had the updated fitting but when removed the oring was torn. upon tearing into it i noticed a little bit more the usual oil sitting in the intake turbo etc.installed a new stc fitting and all orings for the pump. did not take the pump apart.
changed orings on turbo as well. put truck back together. same issue.

im tired of playing guessing games and throwing money at the thing.

i need help if anybody has any suggestions im all ears. thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
07 F250 KR No Start Hot or Cold PLEASE HELP ASAP

Okay, So about 3 weeks ago I did an egr delete and oil cooler mod to my truck, along with the SCT Livewire TS programmer.

The truck ran fine, hauled ***, and yet still brought me all the way to northern colorado and back ( from Houston, Tx). I drove it around town a couple more times with no issues and no symptoms other than me smiling because the truck was running so well.

I got in the truck 2 days ago and backed it up to a trailer to take off to Florida and got about 70 miles away ( Beaumont) and I went to turn off the cruise control by hitting the brake and BOOM.... Engine died. Now no start whatsoever, it just cranks and cranks and cranks.

I was towed to a nearby mechanic shop and he told me the problem was on the HPO side and beings that my dummy gauge on my dash builds pressure when cranking, that my hpop should be fine. His computer was reading 3psi at ICP....

I loaded the truck up on a trailer and brought it home.

I pulled the drivers side valve cover ( as my initial thought was dummy plugs or stand pipes) and they are both fine... they were actually replaced a couple of years back.

Pulled the turbo this morning and checked the IPR screen. It had a little bit of debris on the screen and a small tear in it.

So my question would be, what would cause an absolute NO START all of a sudden going down the highway.... Could this IPR be the problem? I have multiple pictures if i could ever find out how to upload them to here....

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
127 Posts
You have an '07, but are you sure it has the updated STC fitting?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I shot you an email.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I sent you an email from my personal account.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 07 f350 6.0 just shut off while driving. No crank fuse #22 blown. Replaced it and keeps blowing. Disconneced fan, maf,oil, sensors still blows fuse. Then disconncted pcm plugs fuse does not blow. Pluged them in one at a time fuse ok untill I pluged in last one closest to firewall, that one blew the fuse, any thoughts.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.