Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck won't start. Started ab a week ago it took ab 20 secs to crank up cold. It got worse and worse and now it won't crank at all. If it was warmed up it would fire right up everytime. Checked ficm main voltage 48.5 and up while cranking.
Could I possibly have a broke stc fitting? It is an 05 and my Sct livewire did throw a code last week of low cranking oil pressure. I cleared it and can't remember the exact number it was but that's what it said when I looked it up on here. (P2091 or p2092? Something like that). Any ideas? Where should I start looking? I've got the batts on charge right now so ill give it a go in the AM.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,852 Posts
sounds like a glow plug issue. if it cranks warm its definitely not an oil pressure issue. my scanner says i have a few bad glow plugs i havent got around to changing, or it could possibly be the relay. but definitely not an oil issue

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well I have the updated stc fitting sitting behind the backseat now haha. How do I check glow plugs and is it a hard job?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
What are your icp reading? Ipr%?
Icp has to be 500 to 600 to start.
Ipr% will let us know if you have a high pressure oil leak.
Try disconnect. Icp sensor on passenger valve cover. It should go to a default reading of 950ish on your icp and about 45% on your ipr. Try to start to see if maybe your icp sensor went out. Good luck

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I agree, you need a monitor to at least check icp. It's not your glow plugs.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ill check that, I have a scan guage so ill look. So I watch the sg while cranking to see what the values are?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, took me a sec to get the xcodes written in and here's the results. Icp 290-300, ipr 77.6 when cranking. With the ipr unplugged it read icp 1150, ipr 50. So what's that all mean?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Did you get the engine to run unplugging the icp?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it did not start. I only cranked for 5-10 seconds though and the batteries are not at full power when I was doing it either

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
With the icp not reaching 500 I would say that is the reason it won't start.
Ipr %77 means a high pressure oil leak it should be like 25% while cranking and when you unplug the icp sensor it should go to a default of 45%.
I'd start with checking o rings on dummy plugs and stand pipes, then ipr valve, and worse case scenario, sct fitting. All of these repairs are doable just a little time consuming. I'm no pro though.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Google hpop leak test. You have a leak.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update. I replaced the stc fitting since I already had it sittin in my back seat. Truck fired right up. I'm thinking I may order dummy plugs and stand pipes and go ahead and replace those as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts