Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all my name is jimmy and I am here with my 2001 f250 super duty 7.3 power stroke.
Her name is Mad Maxine. She died on me about 2 months ago and I am struggling to get her running again it will not give any codes " no codes stored" is the message and then this function is not supported also comes up while testing.
So the story goes I ran out of fuel so I put some in it but no help I replaced the pump, dropped the tank to clean all componants socks were dirty and plugged so I cleaned them and put it back together with the same results then I eliminated from the back of the pump to the tank by using a 5 gallon can of diesel the fuel filter bowl filled and I seemed to have good fuel pressure but same results oil and filters all have been changed and new batteries installed I'm at a loss with no codes any ideas?

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,692 Posts
died on me about 2 months ago and I am struggling to get her running again it will not give any codes " no codes stored" is the message and then this function is not supported also comes up while testing.
You're not using the right kind of scanner.....

If you're gonna keep & maintain the truck yourself I strongly suggest you get access to the special scanner software you need to do it.

To retrieve most of the codes you'll need to help and even do some testing look at the FORscan Lite or TorqueApp (you add an Android device and Blue Tooth Adapter for @ $30) OR the Windoze version with a USB adapter. I like this one for BT Android -> http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/

Just a few years ago you needed to buy a professional scan tool because our trucks need to have a scanner with a Library containing both the Ford Proprietary AND the Diesel Specific codes in it. Add to that, our trucks are Not, specifically, OBD-II so the Generic scanners the Auto Parts Stores have are of little use to us. But today there are some very good App based tools, that are close to what the pro tools do, for fraction of the cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts