Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a good possibility you still have a problem with the injector harness or the IDM(they get water inside)
testing the injector wires directly from the IDM connector would test the whole engine harness
have to dig around and see if I have a terminal pinout -- someone else may have one handy
Either way ForScan will operate the injectors -- that would tell if the connections are good or not

The PC version is the most powerful, but the phone/tablet version works OK also
OBDLink MX+ is the adapter, but the BAFX will also work -- some of the chinesium adapters work and some do not

Download FORScan -- you do not need the license to do what you need
Okay. I bought a BAFX as that was what was in stock from amazon. I have a Apple and the oBD linkMX+ didn’t have one in stock that worked with the damn communist apple. So once I get it and buy the program just run a scan of injectors? Also , this may be a really dumb question bhut where the heck is the OBD II on this thing? Not under the dash. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Here's mine. You would have to remove the "Data Link Connector" cover. The panel taking up the upper right corner is the glovebox. Cheers!
OBD II Port.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There is a good possibility you still have a problem with the injector harness or the IDM(they get water inside)
testing the injector wires directly from the IDM connector would test the whole engine harness
have to dig around and see if I have a terminal pinout -- someone else may have one handy
Either way ForScan will operate the injectors -- that would tell if the connections are good or not

The PC version is the most powerful, but the phone/tablet version works OK also
OBDLink MX+ is the adapter, but the BAFX will also work -- some of the chinesium adapters work and some do not

Download FORScan -- you do not need the license to do what you need
Here is what came out. I cleared And then a second test and the same thing.
A542901D-9EA7-42D5-B4B1-6879E8C39994.jpeg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts