Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2011 6.7 xl 4x4 6 sp. auto. Do not have remote starting. Help Please.

Here I will describe my Genius!... Just did dpf delete and egr delete... Did not know i was supposed to install the tuner prior to deletes (not even sure if that is part of the problem). My truck would not start after everthing was back together. I turned the key to the run position to begin installing program. I selected the vehicle as prompted then the screen stuck on "Initiaizing communication". The message center displayed oil light, coolant temp, advance trac service, downhill decent control fault, and starting system fault. waited for an 15 min nothing changed. warning lights continue to cycle .Since the first time til now, when I turn the key over there is a click from a relay in the pass. side kick panel and the message center goes black for few seconds, then comes back on. thats it. No DTC, just ABS U0100. then I started reseaching more. thats when I learned to install before deleting. not sure if the upgrades caused this. there were no CEL and it has not ran one sec. with everthing off. fuel pump does not prime, glow plug indicatior dosent come on, and security light not on.

checked fuses
checked grounds
played with harness near parking break.
unplugged programmer completely(never got it install wont go past "initializing" screen with key on)
all dpf sensors are plugged in. egr sensors also
disconnected batteries for different amount of time
put neg cables to pos post for> 20min.
w/ key on disconnected battery for 20 min then reconnect with key still on.
let it set over night

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks for reading. little winded

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, found a way to do the "self test". Had 2 continuious DTC- $f00A6A and $C10000. Can anyone tell me what these codes mean? Day 5 stuck in the driveway, no start. Please help!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Have you either tried to return the truck to stock with the tuner, or reinstalling the tune? It sounds like the tune didn't flash to me.

How's your battery voltage?

When flashing the truck, the display cluster will flash a bunch of warnings until the download is complete.

Are you using a Minimaxx or what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The batteries are less that 6 months old measuring 12.4 -12.6 volts. Its a mini maxx. called Rudy's Diesel yesterday, was told it seemed the pcm was locking out communication. Unluckly I was never able to begin installing the programmer initially. With the programmer I can get to the main menu screen as long as the key is off. When the key is on There is no function, just a H&S boot screen then stays on initializing communication screen. Also, I jumped the single wire at the passenger battery last night with key on. It turned over, but never started, my last resort. ( with a little Bon Jovi back ground music "living on a prayer").

Thank you for replying! Im going to but the batteries on charge and wait a little while then try agian. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it possible for the pcm to see a code from the dfp or egr that would disable all communication to any other OBD tool besides a ford programmer?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
No, that would not disable communication.

Did you ever get to install the tune or attempt to? Or are all of these problems occuring after you've deleted the physical parts, but you still haven't tuned yet?

Are there any bent pins on the MM connector/OBDII plug?

Take the tuner inside, use a USB cable to power it up, make sure there are files are on the SD card, try updating the SD card with the updater found here (make a backup of your SD by copy+pasting files already on it to a new folder on your desktop)

updater for windows : https://app.box.com/s/8hykx2btj4jo8lw9sup04g0ysz3nz5yr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the lastest. there is a local mechanic that was nice enough to come out to my house to reprogram the factory pcm. His computer was unable to estabilsh a connection as well. hooked up my scan to and was able to get 3 U codes (U0049, U0100, and U0001), nothing else. Still not able to even attempt to program it. Would not communicate from the first time i flipped the key on. I checked the pins on the pcm, all straight, on the OBD port they look good as far as i can tell.

Yep, heleonardman, this began after deleting physical parts.

By the way haynes manuels, now days.... "bout as useful as a [email protected](k flavored lollipop". Sorry, but I mean really, no wiring diagrams for the ecm at all, hardly any diagrams at all. If anyone has a pinout of the pcm that would be amazing!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It really sounds like a bricked PCM or a loose connection to one of the modules somewhere at this point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree. I'm about to pull an all nighter stripping the wire harness from fuse box to fuse box. I really do not want it to be the pcm. If I don't find a broken wire, any recommendations on where to order a pcm at a good price? thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Broken wire is definitely a waste of time searching for. At least the odds are.

Odds are a loose connection at OBDII, at any of the PCM connectors, etc.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
@kaya can point you in the direction for P/N for the PCM if the need arises...you still need to have it towed to Ford to have them flash the new PCM if I recall correctly. Along the lines of a grand when it's all said and done.

Dump the h&s and get a different tuner next time around imo...can probably make your money back on CL or eBay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally i was looking for a SCT. had one for my 6.0 it was great plug and play... no brainer. but I could not find one allowing deletes. With the pcm relay, there are 4 post, one looks to go to nothing, another is power(yellow/red), another gound? (black/white) and another has 2 wires signal wires maybe?( purple/red). if this is correct should the signal wires have power KOEO? I ask because Ive only found one wire at the pcm with power, but its none of these colors. its the connector closest to the passenger fender one of the last 2 pins...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I FIXED IT!!!! This whole time it was the relay. I checked it a few days ago by hooking the post to a negative and a positive listen for the click thought that meant it was good. so i just put a jumper wire between the power and those purple/red wires the truck came to life! the programmer is communicating wow.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
what do ya know, sometimes it pays off to dig a little. Just goes to show that the general case scenario isn't always YOUR scenario.

Glad it's workin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Edit: Aaaaaaand that's what I get for hitting reply before reading the 2nd page Haha! 😳

Glad you fixed it.

Sorry, late to the party.

Just wanna clarify a couple things:

In your original post you said it wouldn't run after everything was put together, then you mention attempting to install the tune. So, did you attempt to start the truck BEFORE you tried to install the tune? Or was the first instance of the truck not starting only AFTER the mini maxx wouldn't communicate?

Also, you say "all DPF sensors are plugged in". If you removed the stock pipe and installed straight pipe, what are they plugged in to?

You're sure all your fuses and relays are good?

And you're sure the tune download never started and/or was interrupted at any point?

Have you completely disconnected everything mini maxx related, as if you'd never heard of H&S then tried to start the truck?

When the mechanic wasn't able to get communication with the PCM, was he using the OBD port, or hooked right to the PCM?

This is quite the odd gremlin so I'm just trying to narrow down when exactly in your delete process it presented itself, etc...

Which method are you using to power the mini maxx, if I remember correctly, there are two ways to do it. That can point me in a direction too.

The one FACT is; it's something you touched at some point in the process. Cpt Obvious, I know, but that approach has helped me identify issues with an upgrade on my project vehicles time and time again.

Rudy's is reputable so I tend to doubt they would've sent you a unit that would brick your PCM. Not to say it isn't bricked, but I'm leaning toward a cause other than the mini maxx.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ha i just replied to all those questions, then went back and read the first line:doh:

if anyone can get or point me to a pinout of the pcm and bcm, short of spending $500 on a service manual, I would apprerciate it. that is always good to have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I FIXED IT!!!! This whole time it was the relay. I checked it a few days ago by hooking the post to a negative and a positive listen for the click thought that meant it was good. so i just put a jumper wire between the power and those purple/red wires the truck came to life! the programmer is communicating wow.
Could you please explain this in a little more detail?? I'm having the same issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts