Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 6.0 and I just changed the oil and now it cranks but no start. My resources are limited to check numbers but I have a scan gauge ii. I live in rural nowhere Montana and had to use a napa gold filter. Ran fine before oil change. 15 quarts of 10w-30. I even put the old motor craft filter back in and still no start. The filter cap is motor craft I only got the cartridge napa part. I really need it to run tomorrow for work and I'm now up s*it creek without a paddle. The valves inside the filter housing seem to be ok. Any help is useful. I know I didn't use the "right parts" but it's all I could get out here without ordering it and I'm im a bind for time.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Were you running the same oil before the swap? Were you having issues before the oil change, or was it just time to change it? Use your SGII and let us know what your ICP and IPR% readings are when cranking.

Pull your cap off and oil filter out. Use the remote start wire and touch it to the + battery terminal on the passenger's side and crank the engine (make sure keys are out of the ignition and in your pocket so there's no chance of it trying to start). Watch for the oil filter housing to fill - should be relatively fast. This will confirm you're getting base oil pressure oil to the housing. See video below for reference how to check this & report back your findings.

-jokester

1 - 2 of 2 Posts