Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the injectors, stc fitting, standpipes, dummy plugs, and oil cooler on my truck. I have tried probably 20 times to crank the engine over by jumping the starter solenoid to prime the oil system. There's no codes, the fuel filter and oil filter housings are filling, there's good FICM voltage, but it still won't start. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
136 Posts
what's your ICP pressure and voltage while cranking? Over 500 psi? sync? RPM's while cranking? 150 rpm or higher?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's your ICP pressure and voltage while cranking? Over 500 psi? sync? RPM's while cranking? 150 rpm or higher?
With the icp plugged in it’s getting 50psi, unplugged it’s reading 1500psi. I am unable to read voltage or ficm sync with my x4. Is there just still air in the system or is there an oil leak?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,924 Posts
The ICP reading with the sensor unplugged is not a true number. That is the reason for needing the sensor voltage .....

·
Registered
2005 F-350 XL 6.0
136 Posts
Your rpms need to be 150 or higher to build up pressure. If the 50 psi is true it's probably air. Fully charge your batteries and add a jump battery when cranking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just replaced the injectors, stc fitting, standpipes, dummy plugs, and oil cooler on my truck. I have tried probably 20 times to crank the engine over by jumping the starter solenoid to prime the oil system. There's no codes, the fuel filter and oil filter housings are filling, there's good FICM voltage, but it still won't start. Any ideas?
any update? currently have same issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am currently having the same trouble. I replaced everything on the high pressure oil system with motor craft Ford parts. All genuin oem brand new parts. After the constant daily fight with putting it all back together I have the exact same leak I had before I replaced all the parts. This truck has been in my shop for months getting “back burner” work done to it as I have plenty other work to keep me busy. I just can’t seem to find the cause of the leak. Using a piece of hose I have narrowed the leak down to the top of the injectors and as I stated before I had replaced everything. Well technically not everything. Injectors were rebuilt with Alliant power rebuild kits and the oil rails were reconditioned with new nipple cups and o rings. I even changed the port plug and o ring on that. (On the drivers side oil rail that doesn’t have the icp sensor in it). This truck is giving me gray hair! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn, have you done anything further ? What brand injectors were they?
I have tried putting oil directly into the rails, as well as through the oil filter housing. I have also tried to vacuum the air out of the icp hole with a fitting you can buy. I don't think injectors are the problem as there is no oil getting to them but they are Warren's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am currently having the same trouble. I replaced everything on the high pressure oil system with motor craft Ford parts. All genuin oem brand new parts. After the constant daily fight with putting it all back together I have the exact same leak I had before I replaced all the parts. This truck has been in my shop for months getting “back burner” work done to it as I have plenty other work to keep me busy. I just can’t seem to find the cause of the leak. Using a piece of hose I have narrowed the leak down to the top of the injectors and as I stated before I had replaced everything. Well technically not everything. Injectors were rebuilt with Alliant power rebuild kits and the oil rails were reconditioned with new nipple cups and o rings. I even changed the port plug and o ring on that. (On the drivers side oil rail that doesn’t have the icp sensor in it). This truck is giving me gray hair! Any suggestions?
So I will say a thing I have In common w you where I have the same issue is I rebuilt my injectors with that same Alliant power rebuild kit . Just bit the bullet and replaced them all w Ford reman injectors now, just set them all in their spots but unable to finish assembly tonight. Will let you know if that changes anything and if maybe it’s just the Alliant power kit having some kind of issue which seems far fetched as other ppl have gotten by with rebuilding theirs..

·
7,924 Posts
ForScan Lite on a smart phone along with an OBDII adapter will do what you need. The best choice is the full version of ForScan on a windows laptop with the proper OBDII to USB adapter.

·
7,924 Posts
I will also add - many people buy what they believe to be Motorcraft remanufactured injectors from discount internet businesses. Sometimes they do not get what they paid for. This is true with all kinds of "supposed" OEM parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A small theory I have come up with is maybe there is a hairline crack in the oil rail where the nipple cups are torqued in? Has anyone ever experienced this?

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Any recommendations? The SCT X4 nor a high end Snap-on diagnostic scanner can do it.
The PC version is the best, but the 'lite' version will do

you do not need the license for troubleshooting

Reactions: SledHead24

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Oil pressure show on the gauge when you are cranking?

Reactions: SledHead24
1 - 20 of 39 Posts