Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please throw some ideas at me on what this could be?????? Changed upper and lower filters and water sensor as of now!! Not getting fuel!! There is a contraption on the passanger side under the hood that after I let it sit for a while it starts humming!! any help PLEASE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Did u cycle the key few times to prime it back up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes several times. It makes all the sounds as usual and I have put my hand on the pump it seems to be running

·
Registered
420 Posts
Did you open the drain on the water seperator? Did you close the drain on the seperator? (I have forgot to close the drain before :)

MikeB

·
Registered
420 Posts
The humming you hear is the vacuum pump. Normal to hear it run occassionally, but it should shut off at some point. If it does not, you have a vacuum leak. However a vacuum leak will not cause a no start on this diesel.

MB

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Are you using motorcraft filters and caps?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done!!!!

Archive this one!!!! Did everything by the book filters and all. Three times!!!!! Finally at 6:45 am after talking with and friend who is a diesel mechanic. He went over everything he could think of and we got nowhere. I kept thinking it was air but everyone said no way!! It bleeds itself. Well I still am not 100% but on my way to buy a fuel filter!! I decided to try something. I took the top fuel filter cap off and turned the key on and watched the bowl. First time nothing second time I saw bubbles third time "low and behold " gas started filling the bowl up so I screwed the cap back as it was filling up and cranked right up!!! Thank all of you for trying to help.

Pat

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
There is a bleed valve for that in the fpr, you should investigate that. Do you have the blue spring update, maybe it's time to do that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First diesel I assume "fpr" is fuel pressure reg. and not sure what blur spring upgrade is. Got to start somewhere

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
First diesel I assume "fpr" is fuel pressure reg. and not sure what blur spring upgrade is. Got to start somewhere
Yes, google is your friend, i've typed it a million times. Lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts