Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inital problem water in oil & oil in water. Replaced egr cooler and oil cooler.
Flushed systems water and oil, replace hoses and filters.
Engine runs good no smoke. Problem now is after engine has been run awhile and is shut down it will not restart untill completely cold again.

Any ideas
Thanks

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry forgot 5/04 F-350 powerstroke superduty 6.0 ltr

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not sure about the 04's but I know the 05's had a problem with the SCT fittings leaking when warm, and having a problem building enough pressure while cranking to allow the injectors to fire.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me will chime in here. :dunno:

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you had water in the oil, then it's possible that the water has damaged the HPOP and it is not developing enough pressure to start the engine when it's warm.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's kinda what we were thinking but thought I'd get a few other opinions be fore we change the pump. It runs soooo good when its's running tho.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I'm not sure about the 04's but I know the 05's had a problem with the SCT fittings leaking when warm, and having a problem building enough pressure while cranking to allow the injectors to fire.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable then me will chime in here. :dunno:
just so you know its a STC fitting (snap to click)

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's kinda what we were thinking but thought I'd get a few other opinions be fore we change the pump. It runs soooo good when its's running tho.
Oh, that's easy! Just don't turn it off! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Danny, the most common problem i have found on an extended crank when hot is an o-ring on the float bolt that is screwed into the front high pressure oil rail under the passenger side valve cover. It will split just enough to start when cold due to the oil being thicker but once hot and the oil thins, the system cannot build enough oil pressure to fire the injectors.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You can put air to the ICP system using the test fitting on the HPOP. Make a harness to fit the IPR valve with alligator clips. Hook shop air to the fitting and blow for about 2 minutes to clear all the oil out of the system. Energize the IPR valve (Connect one alligator clip to positive batt and one to negative) and blow air in the system while listening for leaks. Don't energize it longer than 30 secs at a time though.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
problem resolved. changed the oil pump. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Pressure tests had allready ben run

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
What you need to do is ,take the ICP out and connect shop air to that port! You have to regulate it to 100psi ! Command the IPR to 100 percent duty cycle and listen for air ! You could have a bad D rings or stand pipe D rings ! But it helps to have the valve covers off! so you can hear better ! That will check for high pressure oil leaks!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts