Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my truck running. :) I had to put all new valve cover gaskets in and all new wiring because they were melted pretty bad. (why it was not running), and while I had it opened up I put new glow plugs in. The problem I am having is when the truck is in park and I rev it up it will NOT go past 2500 RPM. It also smokes white REALLY bad and it spudders. It does the same thing when I drive it. One of the veins in the turbo is bent but I really don't think that's the problem because it seems to spool up no problem (I can hear the turbo). What could be causing this?? Its runs GREAT as long as I keep it below 3/4 throttle. :dunno: Thanks for the help, Justin

·
Registered
283 Posts
sounds like injectors, im replacing an injector tomorrow morning because i could build my truck up (hold foot on brake and throttle it up) and my rpm gauge would not go over 1500 and it would spudder real bad and smoke, and it ended up bein #7 injector. get a scanner and see what happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
would taking the glow plugs out, or just the mere fact that its been sitting for two years cause the oil system to have air in it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just wondering how one injector could cause the motor to run that bad?
That is what I was wondering also?? Also why would it run so great unless I get on it?? Would an injector cause that? I'm going to drive it for a while to see if it gets any better....:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.