Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have worked on old gas engines but new to diesels and willing to learn. I had some work done on the truck in September; glow plug #1, Injector #1 and #7 due to no power, shutting down, running rough etc. Since then I continue to have some of the same issues on and off but the dealership wasn't sure when they could look at my truck even though they did the work. Not very happy with them! Two weeks ago the truck shut down and won't start. It throws a P2285 code so I replaced the ICP sensor but still won't start. Just cranks. So very frustrated and live in a small town. Don't trust any of the mechanics here as both times they have worked on my truck I've had more issues and they don't want to warrant the work.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
what year is the truck? P2285 is ICP circuit low I believe. This indicates a wiring concern somewhere between the sensor and the PCM

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
what year is the truck? P2285 is ICP circuit low I believe. This indicates a wiring concern somewhere between the sensor and the PCM
How many icp sensors have you seen leak but not on the ground and the owner didnt know it was causing issues? I ask bcuz mine wasnt leaking on the ground and no code but after it was replaced it was a big difference in idle and cold start, smoother.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
03 ICP sensors will commonly leak but not enough to drip on the ground. Any time an 03 comes around with a performance concern I'd look at the ICP sensor first. They do a lot more than just setting codes and causing no starts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck is a 06' F350 Crew Cab Dually. No leaking around ICP Sensor. Replaced it and still nothing. Fought with dealership that did work and they are going to do a free diagnostic if I haul it up there. So I put the old ICP Sensor back in so truck is as they worked on it. Now it's throwing a P0264 and P0267 but no P2285. Go figure, we'll see what they say and go from there but will probably try to do the work myself depending on what they say. Just wish it was warmer!!! Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts