Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06' 350 with a 6.0 all stock. I towed a trailer and cargo with weight around 6000 pounds and now the truck is sluggish on take off and blows out a lot of black smock. I was thinking it had something to do with the turbo but I pulled the 3" hose off both sides and I can turn the small turbo fins with no problem. The 3" hose on the passenger side has some oil residue in it and I'm not sure if that is normal. It's hard to explain with words but before all this I was hearing a low whirling noise every now and then and the truck would not have as much power (turbo problems?). If I let off the gas the noise would fade and the engine would run as normal. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
EGR valve stuck maybe?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Valve is on the front of the intake manifold next to the oilf ilter housing I believe.....

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Disconnect the wire to the top and then there are two screws to remove, I think they are 8mm. Then just pull the valve up and out. They make a puller for it but I just use a big pair of channel locks to grip it and wiggle slightly and pull straight up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just took mine out speaking of this, it was pretty clogged up but i wasn't having issues, cleaned it the best I could for now and put it back in

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just tried pulling mine and it wont budge. I can wiggle it and turn it but it wont pull out. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
They can be kinda hard to pull out the first time. The o-rings are probably stuck. You just have to keep working on it and pull straight up with some force. You may have to get new orings from ford if they get damaged on the way out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, I'll try again. Do you know if I may have the same problems if it were the exhaust pressure sensor. I'm lacking power, kind of like a hesitation until I put my foot into the pedal, only on take off with lots of black smoke. It accelerates fine while running with some black smoke but not like on take off. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I used a flat head and pryed a bit till it came loose

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the exhaust back pressure sensor is no longer used in the programming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pulled the EGR valve, cleaned it and problem fixed! Lots of thanks and gratitude to Capcalvin and Deeslvrgn. Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple. Happy to be of assistance. Anytime bro!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts