Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am hoping to get advice or hear from someone else who has had this fallowing problem:

Ok I have an all stock 02 F350 w/7.3 w/4R100 transmission. It drives and shifts smoothly but OD light flashes and I get code P0741(TCC Solenoid Circuit Performance or Stuck Off) and it seems to drive at a high rpm on the highway (normally around 23-2400rpm above 55mph).

Well today I dropped the pan and removed the solenoid pack and found a diagram on how to test it online. After testing all the pins they are all within spec including the TCC solenoid(which I assume is PWM?). It shows it should be 10-20 ohms and i'm showing 14.

I also found this bulletin online:

2001-2002 Trucks with 4R100 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Codes:
Some trucks build between 1-1-01 to 5-1-02 may exhibit a flashing OD light and possibly harsh shifting, with any or all of the following trouble codes: P0740, P0741, P0743, P1744. This may be due to high resistance in the torque converter clutch solenoid, which results in lower torque converter lock pressures. The transmission solenoid body should be replace with P/N F81Z-7G391-CB to correct. Broadcast Message 3559

But here's the thing...mine was built in 6-02. Now is it possible that replacing mine with this one will fix my problem? Or does having everything show up within spec on my multimeter mean that there cant be anything wrong with my solenoids? The only thing I can think of if not a solenoid is maybe the torque converter itself?

I really don't know much about transmissions and somewhat new to owning this truck. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The code means the computer did not see an rpm drop when the tc was commanded on. Solenoid pack can cause that or tc bad or tc sealing ring on the stator support. Trans must be removed and tc removed to ck sealing ring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts