Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6.0L powerstroke in my shop right now that will not start when hot. ICP goes to 380 psi right away on cranking. I have just replaced the hpop and IPR. There are no leaks in the hpo system. I have air checked it. It's a 2003. The only thing I am finding is that I have zero oil pressure cranking the engine after the oil temp goes above 200 degrees. I took out the oil filter to see if the oil filter reservoir would fill while the engine was cranking and it does fill. Just having trouble figuring out why I can't get any oil pressure. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 06.when it cools down it will start.I changed the icp sensor and no diffrence.Getting realy pi$$ed off with thid truck

·
Registered
597 Posts
i thought you needed 600 psi at a minimun to crank. Do the early hpop have the t fitting that connects the pump to the feed lines?

·
Registered
386 Posts
ipr will demand 85% see if there is FICMSYNC you have to have no less the 475 ICP to fire the injectors,also if it is only a 380 i dont think your air is hit ten 380psi maybe 160psi ALSO take off your oil filter lid and hold down your the top of the shaft and have some one turn it over and it should fill up in about 5 to 8 sec.s make sure you are get-en oil to the HPOP

·
Registered
597 Posts
So it's 475. Ok, good to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts