Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
130.000 miles lost oil pressure at idle of idle goes to 35 to 40 psi.Have to crank for a very long time for it to start.Confirmed low oil pressure at idle with a manual gage.Oil look good no contamination seen.Change oil and filter any way to see if would help,did not engine sounds ok and runs fine down the road.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
How are you seeing your oil pressure? aftermarket guage or instrument panel gauge? You engine oil pump is behind the crank dampner. Mine went out in my truck, but mine had over200K on it. Its a large soilid steel ring with teeth on the inside and a smaller sproket type ring inside that spins on the crankshaft. You may have chewed some teeth up causing it to have no pressure.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Hey man, i got your other thread moved in this part of the forumn for you last night. DOnt know if you noticed or not

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought of oil pump,also have been told there is a pipe or tube from the pump housing that has seals that could leak.Any body that knows or has had a problem like this that found the problem would be of help,but guess going to have to start ripping and checking to find.I'm used a manual gage to confirm low pressure at idle.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
ok, I am not sure of that, cause i have a 7.3, but I am sure someone with some 6-oh knowledge will be here to help you. I am having pressure issues too, so i can only help so much...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oil pressure specs should be about 12 psi at 700 rpm, 24 psi at 1,200 rpm and 45 psi at 1,800 rpm. Dont rule out a bad drain back valve in the oil filter housing or a leaky ipr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts