Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low pressure oil pump blew apart and cracked timing cover. I’ve replaced both, changed the oil and oil filter. I got the truck to fire one time, and now only turns over not building any oil pressure. Any ideas on what’s going on or how to fix?
Any help appreciated.
2005 6.0 Powerstroke F350
153,000 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Low pressure oil pump blew apart and cracked timing cover. I’ve replaced both, changed the oil and oil filter. I got the truck to fire one time, and now only turns over not building any oil pressure. Any ideas on what’s going on or how to fix?
Any help appreciated.
2005 6.0 Powerstroke F350
153,000 miles

I packed with grease and truck is now running but no oil pressure still.
could be a bad pigtail or sensor??

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Did you happen to find any metal in the oil/filter?

Are you not building low pressure oil, high pressure oil, or both? When you're cranking, does it crank evenly or does it flare up/slow down in certain spots? Any thumping noises coming out of the intake or exhaust?

-jokester

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,782 Posts
Also - did you look for metal in the LPOP regulator.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I would be concerned about the crankshaft end play -- something caused the oil pump to break, and that is usually end play is excessive

Normal wear on the crankshaft drive lugs where the oil pump sits, will "lock" the pump gear into that position
if the crank thrust bearing is loose, the "locked" gear has to bear the thrust of the crankshaft

EDIT: on further thought a cam lifter roller could cause the gear set to explode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts