Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No oil pressure below 1200 RPM changed low pressure oil pump checked for Cracked suction tube overfilled the crankcase and jacked up the rear end still no oil pressure below 1200 RPM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when I check the oil pump I replaced it with a new one didn't see anything wrong with the old one just replaced it since I was already there

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
If the truck is running then you have oil pressure.

If oil pump is shot then it won't provide oil to the HPOP.

If you're going off the stock gauge then that is just a dummy gauge. Shows good oil pressure at a set value and that's it. May be 10psi or so when it shows "good." @Patrick Feeley probably knows the details.

I'd suggest replacing that switch/sensor and see what it does from there.

·
Registered
707 Posts
7 psi, iirc.
I can't believe someone would go through replacing a oil pump before verifying pressure with a mechanical guage.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,408 Posts
AYUP, ...get a gauge in there and verify the oil pressure, ...the 7psi switch could be bad

you can gauge at the hpop reservoir plug

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
It's 6 or 7psi for the factory switch. If you disconnect and ground the switch wire, it should show about midscale on the gauge. If it doesn't the wiring or gauge could be bad. You can test the switch by checking to see if the switch has continuity with ground when the engine is running. It should and if it doesn't the switch is bad. Cheers!

Reactions: Hydro
1 - 7 of 7 Posts