Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Goodyear tire shop told me today that the Silent armor was replacing the AT/S, and they no longer make that tire. Anyone hear this?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep!!! Well that's no dang good. What are they putting on the new super duty?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That sucks!

JBakerFX4, you have a pic of the 35" ProComp Xtreme AT's and running board mod?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have pics, I'll send them tonight to you. Changed the whole truck, and I love the look.

As for tires... I'm going back to a more OEM type tire b/c of MPG's. the 12.50 is to wide for the 8.5" Stock wheel. Widest I'd run would be like a 285 or 295. 12.50 is equal to 315.

I'm still wondering what the new Super Duty's will be running for stock tires??? Any ideas?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did find a pic of the silent armor tire, looks nearly identical. I'll see if I can get one posted.
Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have run many different tires and I can vouch very highly for the Silent Armours. Matter of fact I'm getting a new set of 275 70R 18's installed tomorrow. They are quiet, have great bite in all weather conditions, and clean out great. IMHO they look great too :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
"Wrangler SilentArmor tires are Goodyear's premium On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tires designed to please pickup, van and SUV drivers with their satisfying on- and off-road capabilities. In addition to standard-duty Wrangler SilentArmor tires, Goodyear also offers a heavy-duty Wrangler SilentArmor Pro-Grade version for three-quarter and one-ton light trucks that regularly haul or tow heavy loads. All Wrangler SilentArmor tires are designed to handle tough off-road conditions, provide a smooth on-road ride and generate traction in dry, wet and snowy conditions."

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
That sucks!
Don't be too torn up about it. the Silent Armor is a much stronger tire and has the exact same tread pattern as the AT/S.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem is they don't make it in the 275/65R20 size!!!! I found one local ford dealer that has a set in stock and at a great price. I might rush and get them thrown on... last of the AT/S's.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm very curious what ford will pick as a replacement. I called another local dealer and they didn't know anything about the AT/S's being disco'd. He said his computer was showing available, and when they disco them they come up flagged in the system. Maybe they are phasing them out, and the transition will be slow. in other words... the silent armor will be available soon in our size. Either way I'm going to get that set they have in stock thrown on. Good price... get while the getting is good. I'll worry about the next tire in 40k+.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

"Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Consumer Relations 728 1144 EastMarket Street Akron, OH 44316 Voice #: 800.321.2136 Fax #:330.796.6829

The Wrangler ATS LT275/65R20 L/R E is a current production tire and instock at our warehouses. At this time we do not manufacturer another tirein this size. P A Brayton"

I contacted GoodYear and this was their response. Looks like the AT/S is in production.

·
Registered
660 Posts
When you say good deal, how much for all 4 OTD? Curious on how your price compares to the Silent Armours I'm getting; $900 OTD.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$694 + Tax, ROAD FORCE BALANCED. $644 w/out road force balance. Being GoodYear isn't coming out and saying WTF they are doing.... I'm buying the AT/S.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess its not a bad thing I have a set of these tires sitting in my barn off my wheels then huh? lol

If I get in a pinch I guess I could sell em or put em on til I could afford some new rubber when my toyos wear out.

when they were on I did like em btw

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah opinions seem to be split. I'm either getting "I hate those MF'ers!" or I get "dude, they're great" lol. They're a tire, at a good price, made in the USA, and not everyone hates them. Can't seem to argue with that.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
JBaker, can you send me some pics of the running board mod?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I liked em, just wanted to go bigger. I have that set of stock sized for 20's sitting there with about 90% or better tread, and if it comes down to it I'll toss em on without a thought otherwise.

I'm kinda curious bout this running board mod myself! email pics to me??? [email protected]
or just post a couple in here???

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry for not getting the pic up. Work has been dang busy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts