Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys hopefully someone can help me out. i got a 2004 6.0 and it’s got no low end power it’s like the veins on the turbo aren’t moving but my exhaust brake works. so the veins aren’t stuck. i read on a different thread that the 03 engines got a flash that didn’t use the exhaust back pressure sensor so all i can think of is my map sensor. i don’t have any codes for a map sensor or a ebps or a turbo. it’s straight piped and the egr valve and cooler fell off.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
What DO you have codes for then Any? Any black smoke out the tailpipe when you take off?

Give us numbers for the following KOEO, at idle, and when the problem is occurring...

FICM MPower
FICM LPower
Battery V
Fuel Pressure
ICPv
IPR%
ICP Pressure
ICP Desired Pressure
VGT%
Boost

-jokester

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What DO you have codes for then Any? Any black smoke out the tailpipe when you take off?

Give us numbers for the following KOEO, at idle, and when the problem is occurring...

FICM MPower
FICM LPower
Battery V
Fuel Pressure
ICPv
IPR%
ICP Pressure
ICP Desired Pressure
VGT%
Boost

-jokester
vgt duty cycle is 0.56 at idle and it dumps smoke when you stomp it. ficim power is in range according to ford and battery voltage is at 13.47 volts boost will make 21psi max if i hold it to the floor and it will make it at like 3200 rpm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vgt duty cycle is 0.56 at idle and it dumps smoke when you stomp it. ficim power is in range according to ford and battery voltage is at 13.47 volts boost will make 21psi max if i hold it to the floor and it will make it at like 3200 rpm.
also the problem occurs every time i get in the truck it’s a constant thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

FICM MPower
FICM LPower
Battery V
Fuel Pressure
ICPv
IPR%
ICP Pressure
ICP Desired Pressure
VGT%
Boost

-jokester
i heard vgt duty sucked should be at like 75% at idle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

FICM MPower
FICM LPower
Battery V
Fuel Pressure
ICPv
IPR%
ICP Pressure
ICP Desired Pressure
VGT%
Boost

-jokester
also i only have codes for my egr valve falling off