Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I pulled the EGR valve out and cleaned it but the problem stays. I drove it for three days after cleaning the valve then a CEL came on after a surge right around 1800RPM, the truck jumped to 2K while driving under light acceleration.

Took it immediatly to the dealer who said the turbo was sticking and they cleaned it. Got it back (at no charge b/c of emissions warranty) and now there is no Cel but like before I almost have to mash the pedal to the floor before it picks up boost when the truck is fully warm.

This happended two weeks ago and I am now posting. truck has been sitting since.

2006 Lariat
63K Trouble free miles.
Running Mobile 1 Turbo for 4 months.
Drained HFCM during last oil change.
Fuel filters will be changed next oil change (approve 8K on them).
Apply DKleen every fill up.

Thanks in advance to who ever provides me support!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Maybe turbo is still sticking?? Did the check the VGT solenoid for proper operation?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there Any thing special I can say to the dealer? Their telling me that since it's not throwing anymore codes there is nothing they can do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Simple thing. Run it hard from dead stop after it warms up. Count the shifts. When you hit 3rd gear under full throttle, you should hit at least 23 psi( preferably monitored with scan tool, but dash guage should be close). If it does this, then are in the ball park for the way it should run.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the runs and used a quarter tank of fuel. Started my truck up this morning and after about a mile down the road I started to get surging while at a long stop light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck does the same thing..ill mash the pedal to the floor and it will take like 10seconds to hit full boost..I pulled my egr cleaned it put new gaskets in and 5days later the problem started and every now and then it puffs a bit of smoke from a dead stop.. And it did the surge thing once while I was creeping up to a redlight since then hasn't done that

·
Registered
74 Posts
:usa:
What are you refering to when you say "surging"? My truck, '04 f250 6.0, just did a weird thing. Started truck cold, let run for maybe 30 sec., then truck just rpm'ed up from about 600 idle to 1200 idle. Did it twice. If I didn't have full brake on, I'd have taken off like a rocket.

:dunno:

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
597 Posts
:usa:
What are you refering to when you say "surging"? My truck, '04 f250 6.0, just did a weird thing. Started truck cold, let run for maybe 30 sec., then truck just rpm'ed up from about 600 idle to 1200 idle. Did it twice. If I didn't have full brake on, I'd have taken off like a rocket.

:dunno:

:icon_ford:
What temp was it outside. These trucks are supposed to idle up when it's cold.

·
Registered
74 Posts
:icon_ford: :usa:

Thanks, Chuckles, for the reply. I know how these trucks run when cold, especially my truck I've had since new. The "surge" I'm talking about is not a normal thing. This truck has never just ramped up like this. The outdoor temp. was around 85/90 deg. I know how my truck idles, runs, sounds, etc. This issue is way out of the ordinary.

:dunno: :didimiss:

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was a quick "up" in rpm's, held for maybe 5 to 10 secs., then drops to norm. 600 rpm. Then does this again for 2 or 3 more times. It also has done a different thing at initial start up, it will jump rpm as if I'm stabbing the throttle. It will do this for 5 to 10 secs., or until I throttle it up and let it return to norm. It has only done this a couple of times. It has also died at an intersection twice. :crazy::icon_ford:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know about your situation. Have you entertained the thought of it being an injector issue? Maybe M-Chan from Canada will chime in on this one. As for my input, right now I'm more educated on the 6.0's high pressure oil system than I am the rest of the engine. Your problem does sound like an injector issue to me though. If I had to guess, I would say it's definitely related to the fuel system somehow. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks LDH,
From all the input I've gotten from so many great people, I'm pretty sure that the problem is the ICP sensor. I'm going to pull the turbo and install a new sensor along with a new IPR and an EGR cooler bypass.
Thanks again,
Buddy
:thumb::thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts