Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem on the Stroke I'd like to fix before it gets too cold out. The A/C works great, fan speed switch works great, selector switch works in changing airflow from floor, vents, defrost, ect. But no heat....

No leaks on the floor, heater hoses are hooked up and get hot after the truck has been running, but the air comes out the temperature of the outside air when I have the "heat" on. I have noticed that the temperature select knob does feel funny to me. It clicks and almost feels like I'm forcing it, and then when I get it to the last click on the heat side and let go, it clicks itself back 2 clicks towards A/C. I hope all that makes sense! Where do I start?

:dunno:

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Follow the cable for the selector switch down to the door it operates. I had one that had poped out of the clip so the door would not operate all the way

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
That and the heater core possibly, but yeah I vote check the cable and heat door

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Look on top of the heater box with the glove box door removed. You'll be able to see the cable setup and the levers for the temperature door movement. There is a light green piece that is part of the cable drive (cable drive is like a bike chain with 2 cables, one pushes while the other pulls) then a red pin/arm that connects to the blend door itself. If everything moves correctly, the heater core is probably partially blocked (internally with scale, etc or leaves on the fins.) Some "spring-back" is normal in the control knob, My truck used to do it before I converted to an electronic setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts