Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2003 F250 the heat doesn't appear to be working it has work a time or 2 it seems like when it works the gauge is reading higher than when it doesn't. there fore I am feeling like it is the T stat any thoughts?

I haven't had this truck but about 4 months so haven't used the heat much but having some cooler mornings now.

If it is the T stat should I go with the 203* or the factory 195* ? the oppinions i have been reading about are mixed, I don't want to damage the engine but don't see how raising the engine temp 8* would have an adverse affect?

Also who makes billet housings beside Dieselite? I will be going with the billet housing regaurdless of which T stat I go with.

:dunno:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Check the hoses going to the heater core at normal operating temp. If the core is clogged one line should be hot / warm and the other will be noticeably cooler.

Stealing for a living , Go big or Go home

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where should the gauge be reading on the instrument panel mine reads almost at the low mark like not even 25% of the gauge?

·
Registered
482 Posts
About mid way...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So would you think my t stat is bad?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sounds like it is stuck open

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK heres an update I changed the tstat the next day heat worked, needed heat about a week later fired truck up let it idle for about 5 min took off down the road, heat never did get hot?? cold as ice?? That afternoon after work fired truck up drove about 5 miles turned heat on it was working fine???? Does anyone have a clue Possibly the blend door? My problem is it doesn't do it every time???? HELP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts