Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really cold out and have to have the truck plugged in ALL the time or its not goin, 03 7.3l has the gp module, just comes up with po380 and the only test procedure i come up with is the 49 state one without the module!! someone please HELP! Thanks.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Check for power at the GP relay, on engine side (cold, KOEO). If no power check supply side. If power on supply, manually engage relay. If no power coming out, relay is bad. This is just a quick rundown, if you need more help, I'll be on here off and on today.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the relay only controls the intake air heater, the gp's are controlled by the gpcm, thats what ive figured out so far, but, the intake air heater relay is also not coming on, and if i jump that it will turn the heater on, im thinkin i have a power problem from the pcm maybe. im just tryin to get some ideas, cause im kinda stumped right now and dont have any good wiring diagrams. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i did some investigating and found the pcm is bad, now this happend at some point after installing the Bully Dog 6-pos chip, could the chip have burnt out the pcm, and will it do it again if i replace the pcm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i took the chip out and ran it for 3 days, still didnt have gp's, so i put it back in, i also made sure the EOT was good and BARO was good. i just dont want to buy a new pcm and have the same thing happen, does anyone recommend running them to a toggle to turn them on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts