Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new to me 2017 XLT has the "plain" chrome bumper with no factory recess for fog lights... Short of replacing the bumper (my "CFO" will not likely approve the spend request) anybody else with this bumper found a nice looking aftermarket fog light solution?

I do not have uplifter switches and the headlight switch does not have the pull out (naturally). I do not really mind the thought of figuring out how to pull a wire/s and mount a new switch in the cab though. I've got a buddy that used to install lights and radios in vehicles and I can get him to help me out with that part if needed.

I miss my fog lights!

I've seen some nice light bars out there, not sure I want them mounted where it would block airflow though, maybe I'm just a worry wort, but I tow a 9,300# camper and do not want to risk overheating by adding something that blocks too much air.

And...

I'm in Ohio and required to have a front plate. I had a thought of modifying that front plate bracket to be able to hang lights off it or mount on the sides... But - I don't want it to look janky... I'm sort of stuck in analysis mode...

I'm really struggling with my imagination trying to come up with a idea that will look decent and be functional. Anybody else with this style bumper added lights up front and want to share ideas with me?

·
Registered
58 Posts
cut the black plastic piece out, get led cube lights. Throw them in the iJDM brackets or make your own and wire them up. They will blind people unless you get floods only. I got straight spots for my factory replacement and they are brighter than stock headlights

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cut the black plastic piece out, get led cube lights. Throw them in the iJDM brackets or make your own and wire them up. They will blind people unless you get floods only. I got straight spots for my factory replacement and they are brighter than stock headlights

That's what I was thinking at first, and I've been looking here and google image search... I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one with this bumper... I Do not have anything to cut out where factory lights would go... I could maybe use or relocate the plate...

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's what I was thinking at first, and I've been looking here and google image search... I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one with this bumper... I Do not have anything to cut out where factory lights would go... I could maybe use or relocate the plate...
I have honestly not seen that style bumper, all the 2017 work trucks there are at my shop even have the spots for them but are just covered by black slotted plastic. You could just throw them in next to your license plate, like the 6.0s have it. Other than that your cutting the bumper or getting one from a higher trim level.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have honestly not seen that style bumper, all the 2017 work trucks there are at my shop even have the spots for them but are just covered by black slotted plastic. You could just throw them in next to your license plate, like the 6.0s have it. Other than that your cutting the bumper or getting one from a higher trim level.
OK - Did some more searching and I think I see what you are talking about the 6.0s... That looks doable. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
would a 2018 bumper fit on a 2017? I am going to upgrade soon and my stock bumper has the foglights. Just straining the brain here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.