Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 f350 6.0 2 weeks ago replaced hpop, oil cooler, ipr, and icp, it ran good until Monday then started experiencing no start when it got hot so pulled the ipr and cleaned it real good. Fired up but still no hot start. Hooked it up to forscan and when it was hot it would lose ficm sync and sync and low icp. But now it won't cold start just cranks and cranks and on forscan as stated above no ficm sync no sync low icp and ipr stays at 14.8 and forgot ficm came from ficm fixer about 2 months ago with the 40 horse tune

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
Also post cranking RPM and cranking battery voltage

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,821 Posts
Is your Amazon IPR still installed?

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
What are the conditions in those shots? -- like key on engine off -- not cranking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first one is cranking and the second one is key on and the batteries where charged prior to the pictures just drained down from cranking so much

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
need min of 500 psi to fire the injectors
or 3447 kpa

The ICP desired at 0 is not right
also the IPR at 14%

May want to clear that out and try again -- you should see "live" data -- like the IPR changing up to about 40% cranking

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cleared it out and it doesn't change like I said the first picture is the live data and I have changed the o rings on the oil rail on passenger side with new cups as well new cam sensor and crank sensors new ipr and icp new oil cooler and all gaskets new hpop just so confusing to me because of after replacing all of that it ran good good for about 2 weeks then started the no hot start issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could it be an electrical issue because I'm not getting sync with the cam and crank and the rpm gauge doesn't move while cranking

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,821 Posts
It is very likely to be related to the crank sensor or its wiring since you have no cam/crank sync and without an rpm signal. Might need to inspect the teeth on the crank sensors target wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,827 Posts
I think -- the IPR will not be commanded closed if there is no RPM signal
The RPM signal originates with the crank sensor signal -- you may or may not get a reading on the dash -- but you will get one in ForScan -- so may want to check the harness for damage

Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I pulled the crank sensor and checked for ohms and its wasn't reading so ordered a new one and it will be here today

1 - 16 of 16 Posts