Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m new to powerstrokes so bare with me if I’m missing something obvious.

I just picked up a 06 F250, it started and ran fine for a week then the temps dropped down to 20f and when I went out to start it I got no crank. Left for work and ignored it until the next day when it was 45f and the truck started right up. Well now we had temps dip down to 3f and again no crank at all. Plugged it in and went out about 4 hours later and the truck started.

I just took it down and had the batteries and alternator checked and both were fine. The batteries are less than a year old. Prior to me buying it the injectors, icp, glow plugs, and wire harness were all replaced buy a shop. I had a bad oil pressure switch that I replaced and the only code is a EBPS (p0472). I tried cleaning it but I get the same code so I’m waiting for a new motorcraft sensor to arrive. I can’t see how that would cause the no crank so I’m at a loss. I checked the ficm and it was 47.9 key on, and 47.9-48.1 running. Any thoughts on which direction to start looking?

· Premium Member
4,556 Posts
Check battery cable connections and starter connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
23,020 Posts
Cranking as in the engine not turning over when you turn the key -or- not starting?

Reactions: jokester00

· Registered
4,842 Posts
If its clicking when its no starting, I’d suspect a starter. That is not too hard to pull and the auto shops can check those out.

Have you brought the whole truck in for them to check? I don’t consider it an accurate heck, but at least its something.

· Compression Ignition Addict
12,069 Posts
Find the yellow with light blue striped colored wire which is adjacent to the passenger side battery in the engine compartment, it is near the vacuum pump. It has a "squeeze-and-pull" type connection. Disconnect it, and jump the male end of the connector to the passenger side battery positive terminal. The starter should crank. Leave the key in the off position to just crank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.