Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Ford F250, with 7.3L, I purchased this at such a great price, that I didn't mind replacing a few items like the Steering Gear Box, AC Compressor, AC High Pressure Switch and Passenger Door Lock Actuator. This truck does have 210,000 miles on it so I was expecting a couple of bumps here and there. Overall the truck is really great condition and hasn't been driven hard at all.

Here is my problem, I noticed that when it starts raining, the truck will just try to stall while I am driving, and if I am idle it will just stall right away. If it tries to stall while I am driving the SES Light will come on. As soon as I hook up my Auto X-Ray, to pull the code, there is none. If the truck stalls during idle, there is no SES Light or code.

Now one thing I have ordered for this, is the plastic cover that goes over the engine, probably not needed, although could something be getting into the Fuel Filter? Also I will be replacing the Filter tonight, since who knows when it was changed last.

I did read some where about pulling fuse #22 for 10 minutes to reset the computer and let it relearn the pattern, I am willing to try that and see what happens as well.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you,
Jeff Brown

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
First thing to determine is, does the rain cause the problem? OR is it the fact that the wipers are on that's doing it?......

Read this thread -> http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3-motor-problems/13006-stumbles-when-rains.html

Although I don't think it's making a difference in diagnosing this issue, you should know that your "Auto-Xray" is pretty much useless for our trucks :( We are not strictly OBD-II..

And you're right, that cover has no real effect on anything other than looks :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts