Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got under my brandused truck I bought yesterday and saw that there is no cat in the exhaust, should there be one on a 2002 7.3L? everything is stock on the truck.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
Some do, Some dont. Be thankful you dont have one, less hassle in the long run if you are going to mod the truck. Its a real crapshoot when it comes to which trucks have one in the 7.3 series.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
unless you hear a reowr or a meow then you are good lol

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I had a thread about it myself awhile back and general consesus at that time was manual transmission 7.3's have them and Auto's didn't, BUT even then there were a good number of people that had trucks that didn't match that theory. I think Superxcrewfx4 is right...it is just a crapshoot. Sounds like you got a good one.
-Aaron

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Yep some didn't have them. If you look under your hood it should say "no catalyst"
Dang, now I am starting to second guess mine again....I thought it was supposed to be blank without it and it WOULD say "Catalyst" if it did have it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had a thread about it myself awhile back and general consesus at that time was manual transmission 7.3's have them and Auto's didn't, BUT even then there were a good number of people that had trucks that didn't match that theory. I think Superxcrewfx4 is right...it is just a crapshoot. Sounds like you got a good one.
-Aaron
I have a 2000 F350 ZF6 and it has no cat.

·
I am that hot
1,762 Posts
If it says catalyst and you dont have one someone stole it!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for clearing that up, I live in california and wanted as little as possible to do with emissions this is awsome.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
It should say "non catalyst" if it doesn't have one and "catalyst" if it does.
Dang, I don't even have that sticker at all. Any other ways to find out for sure?
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have a 97 with one on it,been trying to find a lenth of 3' pipe to replace it with but no muffler shops around here have 3' pipe.:dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts