Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 04 F-250 6.0 and the other day I was pulling a long steep hill with about a 5k trailer on. I heard a loud pop and hiss and lost a pretty much all power. I blew a hole in the boot coming off the turbo on the pass side. I limped it about 50 miles to where i had to drop and ran empty back home about 150 miles. I replaced the boot the next day but it still runs the same not hardly any whistle and no power past 2k rpm. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Make sure there are no other boost leaks. Beyond that, I do'nt know, someone else will chime in soon!

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
check your map sensor hose. otherwise your gonna have to scan it and see what codes you get.

·
Registered
597 Posts
is it possible that you had the vanes in the turbo stick, causing overboost, that popped the boots? Is there no boost at all, or some? does it blow black smoke when you're on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems like theres a little boost. But not much at all. And it blows black smoke when I get above 2k but dosent really go anywhere

·
Registered
597 Posts
so did that fix it?? Did you clean it up, or did the dealer?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's in limp mode... black smoke and no power above 2,000 rpms. Scan the PCM for codes, and clear whatever is there. If the codes come back, address whatever issues the codes are telling you about. Mine will do this periodically for an intermittent MAP sensor signal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts