Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a few questions about installing nitrous on these trucks. Thanks for any help!

How did you guys install your nitrous systems? (bottle and nozzel location)
What kits are you running?
How are you activating the nitrous?
How much can I run on top of my 275 tune?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Zex is a popular brand. On a stock tranny, an .088 jet is pushing it (highly emphasize that lol). A .093 has proven to be to much on stock hardware. I would say .088 on a single stage at most, and anything less than that. Not sure on the dual stage kits.

As far as install goes, I have no idea. Don't run nitrous and don't plan to run nitrous

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a N/X kit and really like it. I have it on the upfitter #2 switch. If I spray this weekend Ill be using a .099 or a .111 jet but I dont use it on the street/strip I dont want to see what I could break, I use it for dynos only.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
There is a formula for adding the numbers up for dual stages ill post a link

DO som searching i know FXstroker started a thread awhile back and there were some good pics of there set ups just search nitrous thread or something

1st post on this page shows the formula
12.30 @ 109.5 - Page 5 - Powerstroke Nation

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I have a N/X kit and really like it. I have it on the upfitter #2 switch. If I spray this weekend Ill be using a .099 or a .111 jet but I dont use it on the street/strip I dont want to see what I could break, I use it for dynos only.
Holy hell that's a lot of juice. I can't believe you still have head gaskets lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Come on its not like I bought a Maxi-Pad or a Cummapart to try this with.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Come on its not like I bought a Maxi-Pad or a Cummapart to try this with.
My trans did not like that much spray...well not after 6-8 passes back to back anyhow

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
My trans did not like that much spray...well not after 6-8 passes back to back anyhow
Damn son, where you been? Havent seen a post from you in like a week or more :dunno:

I think that a .099 and .111 jet is way too much for a truck period that is stock other than the tuner, exhuast, and intake. I mean a .093 jet has proven to be too high at the track...

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Just been putting the truck on the back burner....its getting close to ATV season for us and I have been getting my Rhino/ATV/MX bikes ready

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Just been putting the truck on the back burner....its getting close to ATV season for us and I have been getting my Rhino/ATV/MX bikes ready
I hear you on that. I use to ride all the time (Polaris and Seadoo), but the last couple of years I kind of got out of it :doh:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Damn son, where you been? Havent seen a post from you in like a week or more :dunno:

I think that a .099 and .111 jet is way too much for a truck period that is stock other than the tuner, exhuast, and intake. I mean a .093 jet has proven to be too high at the track...

Hard to say man, if your trans has good time to learn before you hit it that hard, may never have problems, i know after about 7 passes this weekend my trans was shifting much harder when we left than it normally does, so maybe easing into the spray is key :dunno: but i have my soleniods mounted but no bottle hooked up as of now.
we dont care what your mighty putty nitrous system can do :thumb: Wildcat misses you :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
we dont care what your mighty putty nitrous system can do :thumb: Wildcat misses you :thumb:
Oh lord, not the Wildkitten :doh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts