Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, was going to spray my truck for the first time.

heres my set up:
Dry NOS system, from out of my 87 mustang gt. with the .067 jet. should be good for about 125hp.
stage 2s, adrenalin hpop, custom tuning from php.

I tried to spray the first time today with a smaller jet, and didnt feel anything. so, I bumped up to the 67 jet, and the smoke was still black and thick, with no more power felt what so ever.

Now, heres something I realized....
I drilled my intercooler pipe comming into the engine and placed my nozzle in there. it had come loose, so I JB welded the nozzle in place. it is now loose again. not falling out loose, but its where I could wiggle it around some. I am only seeing 25PSI of boost and no more power gains from the N2O. is this my problem? or is the kit I am using and the setup all wrong for a diesel truck?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump.........

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Nitrous is nitrous the kit shouldn't matter as long as it's just dry nitrous... When you say you say you drilled into the intercooler piping was it the drivers or passengers side? Also I would find a way to get it tight because that being loose isn't good for it

·
Banned
920 Posts
Not to sound like an a$$ but do you have N2O coming out of the pill?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nitrous is nitrous the kit shouldn't matter as long as it's just dry nitrous... When you say you say you drilled into the intercooler piping was it the drivers or passengers side? Also I would find a way to get it tight because that being loose isn't good for it
Yeah, decided to move the nozzle over somewhere else.

Sent from my Acer Android Tablet

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to sound like an a$$ but do you have N2O coming out of the pill?
Yep, found out that the braided line being against theb bottom of the bood was the only thimg not allowing the whole nozzle assembly to come out of the intercooler pipe. Guess it was looser than i thought. Lol

Oh, and Jason, the nozzle is in the passenger side pipe. Going to move it to either the aluminum y pipe going into the intakes, or put it closer to theend of the intercooler pipe and back it witha nut ontheback side

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Yep, found out that the braided line being against theb bottom of the bood was the only thimg not allowing the whole nozzle assembly to come out of the intercooler pipe. Guess it was looser than i thought. Lol

Oh, and Jason, the nozzle is in the passenger side pipe. Going to move it to either the aluminum y pipe going into the intakes, or put it closer to theend of the intercooler pipe and back it witha nut ontheback side

I would leave it in the intercooler piping just move it up some more so you can reach in and get a nut on the bottom side... Your injectors are stage 2s right? I figured with your turbo and bills tuning you wouldn't be getting that much smoke I know when I set my truck on kill now I barely smoke at all So for now I'm just going to stick to the water/meth(if I ever put it on) and when I get some hybrids I will prob get bill to do a nitrous tune for it tho

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hehe, when my truck is on kill, i can black out a parking lot. Lol. I asked for more fuel so i could spray. There is some tweaking i want bill to do to it. Like make the throttle response alot better and have it have a lope idle while smoothing out when you are driving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts