Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 01 7.3 F250 with 124k miles on it from the original owner. He even had the service records. Body is a little rough and it has some hail damage on the roof. But it runs great and checked out fine. I plan to do some body work anyway to get it painted. I will be posting picks of the build as it goes.

Here is the truck on day one.

Im just glad to be back in a diesel. I went almost 2 weeks and thought I was going to have withdrawls. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
That looks like the best kind of truck there is... The kind you can pay cash for!

What are your plans for it? Just a driver or a big build?

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like the best kind of truck there is... The kind you can pay cash for!

What are your plans for it? Just a driver or a big build?

3" dropped Dream beams in the front 4 link/coil over rear
22'' rims, 05+ front, roll pan rear, shaved door handles and emblem holes, 08 tailgate
leather buckets, power locks and windows, possible painted interior, sound system

performance mods are undecided. Nothing to over the top because it will be a driver. I will be consulting with Dirk on the engine side along with my own research.

Mostly I want show but still need to have go. :scuffy

·
Registered
215 Posts
Reg Cab, Short bed build??? :nod:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reg Cab, Short bed build??? :nod:
Yes sir. :nod:

i was talking with my fab buddy tonight and we probably arent going to go 4 link after all. Just lower it. As soon as I get a short bed fuel tank and the lowering kit we are going to start chopping. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Sounds like a fun project!

·
Registered
219 Posts
very nice i just picked mine up outside of dallas about a week ago im goin kinda similar just goin up instead of down lol good luck with it tho

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
gonna be a sweet build... And even sweeter when your done.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but that all depends on what its going to cost me.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no I got mods watching my thread. Y'all be cool, I don't want it locked. :hehe:

Looks like it will be a fun build:thumb:
Fun? No. Cool? Hopefully. There is nothing fun about paying half what the truck cost, just for a short bed and fuel tank.

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
J, I bought a single cab to modify into a short bed about a year ago. I ended up selling it though. Should have kept it.
Only thing I did was put the 05 front cap on it and some leather buckets. Had 268K on it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
a small 2wd truck that should scoot pretty good! i am used to big 4x4 crew cab long beds.....

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
J, I bought a single cab to modify into a short bed about a year ago. I ended up selling it though. Should have kept it.
Only thing I did was put the 05 front cap on it and some leather buckets. Had 268K on it.
I plan on doing the 05 front too. Paintable though.

I hope its fast when I'm done. It feels quicker then my 6.4 was stock but that is probably just the weight deference.

I'm starting to see it's going to be a never ending project.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I started trying to get the bed off tonight. I have one bolt that wouldnt come out so its going to be ground off tomorrow.

Looking for a paintable 05+ front bumper and then I will have the parts to do the front end conversion. Well, ordered at least.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm your huckleberry. I have a few laying around.
Sweet. Message sent.

I didn't order the rest of the front yet. I'm focusing on the cut first. I'm looking for a welder to come by and seal it up for me after I cut it. I'm trying to decide if I should have my drive shaft cut or order a custom one. I've been working to much to make any progress, but the bed is gone at least.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts