Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the truck in for it fighting me during regen with my foot on the brake.
Service manager tried to tell me that this was normal. I printed off the tsb and brought it to him. After 10 minutes of me berating him for lying to my face, he walked off and out came the shop foreman. We talked a bit, and he agreed it was abnormal. We discussed the fact there was supposed to be a flash out to fix this. Told me, that he would pull my pcm calibration and see if i had the most recent. I had 8C3A12A650JK and his computer showed that just today they recieved and updated one, 8U7A12A65OCB. He also updated my TCM and my instrument cluster. We'll see if i have any more issues, but i know alot of guys have been curious about a new flash coming out.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Stymie err Dusten, Any idea of what they improved or changed with the latest flash?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
:popcorn2:

I will definitely stick around to see how this works out for you. Please let us know what you changes you notice.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i should be going on a drive sometime this week, but i wont have any good idea until we put some miles on it.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you know you needed a flash?
my truck was trying to fight my brakes during a regen...
however, the in town mileage seems to have dropped, but we'll wait for some more miles before i pass judgement

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes ive had my truck for about a month and it has 32,000 miles bought it used, i aslo have experienced my truck wanting to kinda take off when my foot was on the brake 3 or 4 times so far. just getting out of a 7.3 i really didnt know what the heck was going when this first happened to me in the my new 6.4:dunno:

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you say fighting you how much do you mean. When I bought my truck last summer it ran away with me until I shut down the engine. I figured it was the cruise control. Finally ford changed the wiring loom and the PCM and the problem went away.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in a regen, it went into high idle, and would not come down when i applied the brake. so, go in you driveway, push the brake and bring the rpm's to about 1200...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so far,no. the mileage in town is down 2mpg, but if it keeps my truck from fightning the brakes, yes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Same here dusten, my truck went to around 1200. I wont be dealing with this anymore just received my delete pipe and watin on sct livewire

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here dusten, my truck went to around 1200. I wont be dealing with this anymore just received my delete pipe and watin on sct livewire
im in the middle of a buyback, cant do that.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont know, the last i heard was friday, fords time period for an offer expired, and ford told my lawyer(the rep she is working with) that the decision has been moved above his level.
but, i am not modding the truck at this point, any farther.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts