Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on this forum for years, in the 7.3L pages. But have just bought a 2016 F250 crew cab short bed, XL base model, 4x4, with PW,PL, Cruise, and the 6.2L gas motor, with just under 70k miles. I traded in the '02 7.3/6SPD and 2000 F250 5.4/auto on this truck.

Couple things to add, gooseneck hitch, bigger tires on alloy wheels, cab visor and brush guard... but it's nice to have something that's not a rusted out heap...

Reactions: midnightrider79

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New truck has gotten a few things done to it... got the gooseneck hitch from my E'99 moved over to it, borrowed some XLT alloy wheels and tires from my wife's cousin, and bought a nice used brushguard for it...

Headed to the hayfield last week, and pulled the gooseneck just fine, considering it wasn't fully loaded.
20200908_172723.jpg

Reactions: The Evil Twin

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Good looking truck. You’re gonna like that 6.2 more and more.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I like it so far... everything except the fuel mileage! I'll get used to the high engine rpms, and no clutch... but [email protected] the fuel mileage. I'd get 16mpg out of my 7.3s, Excursion gets about 13mpg (auto trans) most of the time... however, its the nicest newest truck I've ever had... exactly the options I'd want, with no extra frills... electric rear diff lock is nice too.

Reactions: Spirit

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've made a few more changes, got the cab visor from my other truck put on, bought some used 33" tires and wheels, and a cheap set of fender flares off Amazon... I really like how its turning out. I'll wear out the tires this summer as best I can, and get some rough tread 35s this fall.
20210123_101007.jpg

Reactions: Spirit

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Flares look good on it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts