Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i bought a 06 f350 and im thinking about doing ARB studs and a egr delete. i was wondering how much the studs would run me if i went through the dealer. i also was wondering what egr delete should i get or is there even any differance in them i was looking at some on ebay and they all looked different. im just looking for some help i got alot of questions but the org has helped me alot and also created more questions.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Actually ARP studs, run roughly about 500 bucks. EGR delete kit really prefence who you go with, I would trust the support vendors for kits, wouldnt go with a knock off. Also if you plan on doing anything else in the truck do it right the first time I wouldnt be trying to put back stock head bolts, you'll be wasting your time if you blow them later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i deffinatly wanna do the arb studs i have a banks otto mind 6 chip and banks intake it has 2 aussie 7inch sacks and boost gage, tranny temp gage and exhaust tem gage. all that stuff came on the truck when i bought it it has 45,000 miles im just really wondering what to do to make it have good power but i dont wanna go to crazy

·
Registered
556 Posts
throw that banks stuff away and get a sct tuner, you will thank me later

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
now what are some advantages with the sct im sorry if im a pain im just trying to learn im new to this ****
Any good tuner can put whatever you want in the SCT3.

·
Registered
556 Posts
you can get custom tunes specified for YOUR truck, its not like the banks, edge, and all that stuff..those tuners are made for all different trucks..

so the sct also tunes BOTH the motor and the transmission...not ONE other tuner on the market can do that..

you can put MORE hp and SAFER hp to your engine and your transmission..so it is better for your trucks transmission..

and the best part, you will blow any other ford with any other tuner out of the water:thumb: thats a fact:rofl:

i havent lost a race yet, and that was on the tunes that come with the sct x3

with the custom tunes i got i blow by poeple like they are standing still, its a great investment..

·
Registered
556 Posts
you dont have to, the majority of poeple on here are non studded using a tuner..but if you have the money to spend and what something that will be problem free do the studs, while your doing everyhing you might as well do egr delete and upgraded HPOP and all that jazz..takes a pretty penny to get all of it done..youll be spending a good 2 grand in JUST parts, than labor on top of that..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts