Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just lost my Dad a few months ago and he left behind a 2003 F350 CCLB 7.3 auto trans. I love the truck and I have managed to get the fuel mileage up to 20.5 hwy and 19.1 city. it was a solid 10.5 when i picked up the truck! I have installed a K&N air filter in the stock box and added the Edge CTS Juice with attitude. I have always been a GAS guy until now. So my question is how can I improve the mileage with the new CTS I don't undertand all the backdown settings and boost setting and what they change??? I am still playing with settings. I just do not want to blow Dads truck up. So any help would be great!

Logistex:doh::icon_ford:

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
:ORG welcome:
Sorry to hear for your loss. what an unfortunate way to get into the diesel world.
There is lots of useful info on here in the 7.3 sections.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts
Welcome to the org. Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like you have done wonders with getting the MPGs up. One thing I am sure you will hear is get that K&N filter out from under the hood. Not very popular among a lot of folks. An open filter seemed to help mine breath better. You need an exhaust to match it. Air in - air out.

Good luck!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
agreed with hank. a K&N filter lets to large of particles by and can lead to compressor wheel damage and also engine "dusting" meaning particles getting into the cylinder walls and scoring them.

sorry to hear about your dad, i lost mine about 3.5 years ago. i know how you are feeling. but he left you a great truck.

i personally dont have an edge cts, so i dont know a ton about them. but i do know that you can stick a pyrometer in the exhaust manifild and get your egts, and then you;ll have all the guages you need right there, plus some tuning. the newer edge stuff is WAY better than the older edge stuff.....dont run the older stuff...meaning from like 2 years ago or older....they dont tune the trans and can lead to failure.

youre getting possibly the best mileage you can get out of one of those trucks without adding methanol system into the mix. 20 mpg is great. i know, i used to get that on the interstate....then i added larger wheels, bigger injectors, larger turbo....couldnt keep my foot out of the throttle, and now i end up somewhere about 16 on the hwy....LOL but im a power junkie, so ill sacrifice...hahahaha

LOTS of info on DIY stuff in the 7.3 tech files you may look over. not all of the posts deal with power adding stuff....so read read read...you'll find more about your truck than you might want to find. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm still working on navigating the site. I always thought K&N made a good product! I guess I will look into the open dry element air filter.

1,627 Posts
Welcome to the org...sorry about your loss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts