Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my problem. 95 psd skipping like when it runs out of fuel(but its not) had fuel leak, replaced pump and small lines leak seems to be stopped, but it started the skipping just prior to replacing pump. i know ....pull codes, but no one can get me straight on that (its a 95 and is supposedly the second engine so i dont know exactly whats in it, therefore no ones scanners will work) so i cant pull codes???? truck is not smoking or anything else, just skipping injector(s) ? how do i check it out. no one around here wants to mess with a 95 but i like it and am having withdrawals PPLLLEEEEAAASSSSSEE HELP!!!!!!!! thanks chuck

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well for starters change your fuel filter. check your air filter. post back, i bet the fuel filter will do the trick.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, but almost new fuel filter, and air filter is also good, also i have been running a b-20 blend of bio-diesel for about the last 5k mi.

·
Registered
503 Posts
to be honest the b-20 could have had a small effect on your motor but I gots no info to back that up with.

·
Registered
642 Posts
sounds to me like you need to change you B number.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Is your truck stock, or does it have any mods? Does it lightly miss or fall on its face. Is the miss at all speeds or just under load? Is it an automatic or standard transmission?

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey gbear, the truck is stock as far as i know ,other than exhaust. i put a 3in. dp into a 4in. straight pipe, muff and cat delete , no chip or anything. also know engine has been replaced, and there is a ford sticker on radiator core that shows something it looks like pcm reprogrammed in 98? but cant make anything else out on sticker. have been trying to locate mechanic/shop that did the work but no luck so far. it misses at a constant from idle up to highway speed, it is an automatic. thanks

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
If it a constant miss I would check the wiring to the injectors. make sure the plugs are all made and take an ohm meter to the connectors to see if any are open or shorted. You may have a bad connection under the valve cover. You can use an infarade thermometer to see which cyclinder is dead (it will be cooler than the rest). I hope this is of some help.

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i didnt think about the thermometer, but that makes sense, i'll try to locate one in the next few days and try that (work is a little hectic right now good problem tho), thanks chuck

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That under valve cover harness is a good thing to check for sure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
use your hand on the zost as soon as you start it one should not get hot for a bit (poor boy trick lol)

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
I'll second checking the under valve cover harness. Can you have a buzz test done on the injectors? Also, what is your fuel pressure reading? IPR might be bad as well. And lastly, have you changed out the CPS? The symptoms you are describing don't really fit the CPS, but it is a relatively cheap fix now.
Craig

·
Registered
511 Posts
Add a location to your profile.

Then look in the forums by state and you'll probably find a local guy with scan software. If not at least someone else to help you diagnos it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just a quick update. i got the old truck back up and running, and thanks for everyones help, ESPECIALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!! SCUFFY 828., man what patience!!!! it turns out that the number 2 cylinder had a bad injector, so i now know how to change injectors( and in all the heat!!!!) i also replaced the rubber intake elbow going to the turbo( it was chewed up on the turbo end pretty bad, just lucky none of it went through the turbo) so i'll be like ol willy.... on the road again....

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
You can send you pcm off and have it re flashed to OBD II so the next time you can scan it. You may be able to get a chip to do it also, I'm not sure. I think I remember someone else here that had a similar problem.

Glad you got it fixed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts