Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
20,119 Posts
Garret - first, welcome to the .org!! Glad to have you. Have fun while you're here!!!

Be sure to check out the 99-03 PowerStroke Forums area. You will definitely find what you're looking for.

Basics:
Intake
Exhaust
Gauges
Programming

Having said that - You will find many opinions as to what to use in each of those categories.

Mine are in my signature.

·
Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
20,119 Posts
I have gauges, exhaust, and a k&n.

How is the best way to tell if I have a different turbo than stock?

I can bury my pyro at anytime, how can I get the heat down?

thanks
My turbo is stock as far as I know - It's a Garrett. Now Garrett makes all kinds of turbos so that's no necessarily a guarantee.

Bury your Pyro?? Dayum. Mine gauge goes to 1600*, the closest I've been is 1300* and that was when I was pulling my 5th wheel up a 10% grade in the summer. Daily driving mode @ WOT I've only seen 8-900*.

If you've opened up the intake and exhaust, I can see why you're wanting to know about the turbo. Any way of knowing if it has a chip installed?? Have you had the truck very long?

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
well garret.. welcome to the org... a ton of great information and a lot of great people are on here.... if you need any help with performance parts, or anything... or bumpers for that matter, let me know and I can get you a quote

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My turbo is stock as far as I know - It's a Garrett. Now Garrett makes all kinds of turbos so that's no necessarily a guarantee.

Bury your Pyro?? Dayum. Mine gauge goes to 1600*, the closest I've been is 1300* and that was when I was pulling my 5th wheel up a 10% grade in the summer. Daily driving mode @ WOT I've only seen 8-900*.

If you've opened up the intake and exhaust, I can see why you're wanting to know about the turbo. Any way of knowing if it has a chip installed?? Have you had the truck very long?
I've heard that a quick spool turbo (might be called something else) can put out more heat. I'm not sure on the chip I know it doesn't have a programmer on it. I've had the truck for almost 6 years. Finally getting some money to put into it.

thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts
Welcome to the org.! :thumb:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome to the .org man where at in utah do you live

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.