Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi to you guys! Long time Ford guy, 1st Diesel. Been searching awhile and doing my homework on here. Almost bought a Gasser 6.2, ended up in a 6.7. Picked up a used 2019 F250 XLT 4x4 6.7L w/ 69k miles for $39k, thought I got a great deal and she's super clean. Tried to talk myself into a 6.2L gas and even drove a couple, but once I drove the diesel it was tough to go back. Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and show some pics. I love love love the truck, miss my 14 F150 5.0, but this puppy is on another level. Plan on using her to tow a travel trailer and make some new memories with my family. 900Lb Ft of torque is addicting.

Christian

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Saw the notification title that fellow Louisianan joined wanted to say welcome!

Thought may be another 7.3 owner like me, but I must say I really like the new ones. About 2 weeks ago my dad visited and it looks like he has the same truck as you, 2019 xlt, first time I have driven one. Amazing the difference between those and my 99; could hardly hear him crank it.

Anyways - congrats on the new truck welcome to the forum. There are some great folks on here with a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw the notification title that fellow Louisianan joined wanted to say welcome!

Thought may be another 7.3 owner like me, but I must say I really like the new ones. About 2 weeks ago my dad visited and it looks like he has the same truck as you, 2019 xlt, first time I have driven one. Amazing the difference between those and my 99; could hardly hear him crank it.

Anyways - congrats on the new truck welcome to the forum. There are some great folks on here with a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks Triple Stix. What area do you live? Im in Pearl River/Slidell area. Man I was looking hard for a 7.3 or a 6.0, and gas ones. But since this was our primary vehicle (one car family), figured I splurge a little.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just outside Jena.

I fully understand on the family vehicle deal. We got surprise twins and wife wanted a minivan so we primarily use it. Getting a used 20 year truck to serve that purpose reliably, without too much work, I’d expect would be a lot harder than the 2019!

I’ve been fortunate to have mine since around 28k, she didn’t see a turbo upgrade, exhaust, chip, or southbend clutch until this time last year lol... so we don’t hesitate to take it on long trips either. Been a great truck. Even with the upgrades I have, I was totally blown away at the power of dads 6.7; I still wouldn’t trade or sell mine but the she pales in comparison to the 6.7. The only thing I could give him a hard time about was “at least I can work on mine with the cab on.”

If you’re still interested in a 7.3 I’ll keep an eye out. A really good friend let his 03 7.3 4x4 Lariat go to the dealer for trade in of 8k. Had 85,000 on it and pristine, inside and out. It REALLY hurt to know he traded it in on an 09 5.4l f150... gave a 7.3 away for a motor with unresolved cam phaser issues. I’m sure the dealer or his son is enjoying that 7.3 now lol. Anyways I’ve seen a couple decent ones for around that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts