Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Well, I'm a newb. Well, newb to this forum anyway! Quick question (yep, did a search). I have an '05 350 6.0L with the "electronic xfer case" switch. I can get it into 2WD and 4WD (dash indicator shows this) but there is no way I can seem to get it into 4Low. Kinda confused about this. Is there something I'm missing? Truck is stock, no chip, but has a 4.5" Donahoe lift.
I tried doing EXACTLY what the owners manual says but it's a no-go. any tips?

Thanks,
Al

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
hmm I have a manual shift on the floor, so Im not exactly sure how the shift motor works on the PSD. On my ranger you had to be in nuetral and depress the brake to shift into low 4x4. Not sure if that is the case for the PSD though.

·
Member/MARINE
992 Posts
you are stopped and in neutral or park when you try to switch it into 4x4 low right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went out and tried it again. No go. Oh well... looks like I'm getting my meter out tonight and yanking the switch! Good times and a sack o' suds.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Hopefully its the switch. Well at least if it is should be the cheapest fix.:)

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
My switch for my ranger was about 45 bucks if I remember right. Should be close to the same hopefully:thumb: I was able to buy it from a parts store instead of the dealer, so check that option first if that is your problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, tuned out it was the switch. When I meterd it out the 4 Low contacts were a no-go. Zero continuity. So, friend of mone was going out to "Pick A Part" and picked me up a switch out of a wrecked truck. Metered out fine, installed and working!:thumb:

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
Great news, bud! Glad it worked out for ya! :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts