Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
Just purchased a 2010 F250 with the 6.4 that has 38k miles.
When getting on a highway I'll press the accelerator and the speedometer won't move. It takes forever to get up to speed. I've also noticed the acceleration being slow to non-exsistent at any speed. If I'm at a dead stop and stomp the accelerator it'll throw me in the back seat.

The previous owner installed a 4" Banks exhaust and a DashDaq XL. Other than that I know very little about the truck.

Any ideas what might be causing this? Lamens terms will be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
When you say a dashdaq do you mean it has Spartan tuning?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Does it build boost? Meaning does the boost gauge on the dash move when you press the skinny pedal?

Also since you have a dashdaq, have you tried to see if it has any codes being thrown? Or do you know how to do this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Benjamin, when I said DashDaq I meant there's an after market accessory named DasDaq stuck to the windshield.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skinny pedal... Ha ha! That was funny.

It does build boost.
There's no manual for the dashdaq so I'm not sure how it's used or how to read it. Considering getting rid of it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The dashdaq is the unit that Spartan uses when you purchase their tunes. It's a good unit that you can use to monitor the systems in your truck. If you scroll through the menu on the dashdaq you'll see things like tuning, gauges, diagnostics, etc. If you can figure how to get into the diagnostic menu it'll ask you to read codes. You can do this to see if your truck is throwing any trouble codes. I don't think Banks made a delete pipe, so I'm wondering if you still have a DPF installed. Look under your truck and see if your exhaust looks like a bazooka. Meaning the DPF, Cat converter and muffler are still there or does it look like just a straight pipe all the way back.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Did you purchase this truck from an individual? Maybe you could get him to explain the tuner for you or at least tell you what else has been done to the truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's what I've been able to figure out.
In the settings you can reset the tuner to what appears like factory settings. I did and then loaded the setting that indicated additional 275 hp. When I reset it to factory, truck drove like it was sluggish. After loaded the 275 hp setting, truck responded accordingly but still doesn't accelerate as it should...very sluggish. After take off, slow speed, and truck goes into 2nd gear, I'll get on it and it will pin you to the back of the seat. Any other time, it doesn't respond. Make sense so far? I'm trying...
Looked at screen on the Dashawn and the truck isn't throwing any codes. I bought the vehicle from a dealer but would like to find a way to track down previous owner. I'm curious if there is some sort of economy mode it's set to but that would seem pointless if he did considering all the money that was dumped into the truck.
Went by a 4wd shop in Austin, Tx. They recommended I call DashDaq support on Monday.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If you go into the performance section you'll run across a guy that goes by 08stroker250 he works at Spartan and can point you in the right direction. Also Spartan has a web site Spartandieseltech.com I suggest checking it out also. Have you changed the fuel filters and air filter? Where are you located? Somebody close to you may be willing to give you some hands on advice. Guys are really helpful usually here.

As for the early sluggishness...i'm wondering how long you're experiencing it before it pins you into the seat. If you're new to turbo diesels you've got to account for turbo lag. Basically the time it takes for the turbo to spool up and make power. But even taking that into account, with the 275 tune loaded you should be able to turn off your traction control and smoke the tires from a dead stop. Go take a ride hit the TCS button and from a dead stop stomp it. See if that's sluggish.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Benjamin I can't begin to thank you enough for the pointers. If you ever get to the Austin, TX area let me know and first round is on me.

By the way...what part of Mississippi are you in? My wife's grandma lives in Mendenhall which is about 40 miles south of Jackson. We usually go there a couple of times each year.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you were a lil bit closer we could meet up, I am about 30 miles north of college station. Something definately doesn't sound right if it is sluggish with the spartan. If you don't figure it out by next weekend, I could meet you in Rockdale.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BB, I'm actually in Pflugerville and have no problem meeting to day if you in Rockdale if you have time. This sluggishness is about to drive me crazy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scratch that. To much yard work and forgot I have a pork shoulder on the smoker. Next Sat won't be a problem if you're able to.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Send me a message sometime. I can probly meet you in Rockdale next weekend.
Brian

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Glad to help man wish I could've done more. Love Austin, partied on 6th street a few times in my younger years. Never been picked up on by so many lovely ladies in my life.

I live in Carriere, Ms. About 45 mins from Gulfport or New Orleans. Or about 1.5 hrs from Mendenhall. Glad someone close to you chimed in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts