Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im new to the org and I am about to pull the trigger on a 6.0L diesel. My dad had a 7.3 while I was growing up (and still does), so Im used to those.

I have read alot on here about the 6.0 and I am nervous about all the issues but confident that if I am cautious I can get a good truck and make the appropriate mod's to avoid future serious problems. Does that seem on track with all of you?

My question is regarding monitoring systems. Alot of you reccomend hooking up a monitoring system before buying and checking things like deltas and ficm voltages ect. Is there one monitor that is better than the other or are they all about the same? If there is a thread on here regarding this issue that I missed please link me to the right place. Thanks in advance for the advice. BTW, looking at a 06' 6.0 supercab 4x4 lariat w/ 144k on the clock for 18k, your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
:ORG welcome:

Have you read this one?

Dashboss and the Insight seem to give you the most info. Read ALL the stickies and check out the Tech section too. Information is the key if you're going to find a "good one".

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, Thanks for the link. The way I understand it, dashboss only works with apple? so I guess its between the insight and scangauge for this guy.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Sounds good, Thanks for the link. The way I understand it, dashboss only works with apple? so I guess its between the insight and scangauge for this guy.
Currently, DashBoss only works on iTouch/iPhone/iPad.

If you have a android smartphone, you can check out "Torque" app. But you'll need a separate analog gauges for fuel psi and EGT just like the ScangaugeII.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts