Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. im new to the forum but i have been doing a lot of researching about tuners for my psd. thanks to every one for the info. i chose the sctx3 and love it. i run it on the extreme street and its awsome. power wise and economy is good also. just wondering about the other tunes everyone talks about. how do you get them. do you download them or do you send the tuner to them and they program it? sorry if this is question that has turned up over and over. thanks.
2006 ford 4x4 crew cab fx4
sctx3 tuner
straight pipe from turbo back
intake next

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Welcome, save the money on the intake, no need for it. stocker is a great unit and can support up to 500hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i figured it would be a restriction and getting something that would aid in the flow could only help

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
True and good thinking, but ford did the homework and got it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
most people buy the SCT through vendors such as DJ's Inovative or Spartans to name a few. They include their own special tunes. If you what different tunes you can buy them from any of the Vendors. you send them your strategy, and they will Email your tunes to you. Then you can download them to your SCT.

hope this answers your question, if not just ask

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got mine from a local vendor and asked them about other tunes but the guy acted like i was crazy for asking. he didnt know what i was talking about.
thanks slammedSI, what about the intake elbow? hows that working for you?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
little better throttle responce. diesel power did a test and made 9whp and 18wtq on a 06 6.0.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
i got mine from a local vendor and asked them about other tunes but the guy acted like i was crazy for asking. he didnt know what i was talking about.
thanks slammedSI, what about the intake elbow? hows that working for you?
WOW,..that isn't good,..guy has no clue what he's selling?

Everyone needs to remember, all tuners(DJ,) will only send mild Looneys(whatever) to you,..until they know what OTHER mods you've done to the truck.

every time you change something, tell your tuner,...so they can give you the next level (appropriate) Looney.

The more mods you have, the stronger Looney they'll give you.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Congrats on the X3. Its a great tuner. I would go w/ any of the vendors stated above. I went with innovative. And there tunes have been great on my truck for the past week that i have had them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts