Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, we at Spartan are looking for some suggestions from you, the customers and users of the product we provide. Right now, we are in the early process of testing a new tune. It is going to be a higher horsepower tune, but a lot more tame than the 310 and 350. What would you guys like to see? If we have widespread interest in one area, then we will focus our attention there during the early testing phase. Thanks in advance for any input given guys! Your opinion is what matters most to us! :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would love to have a solid tune in the 250 - 290 tune that keeps the tranny holding very steady for intown driving and very quick to snap into gear with entering the highway, let me test it out. Ya let me test the 345 tune, that mick or angela sent me

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We will keep you in mind for testing. We aren't quite to the point of releasing it for widespread testing. Just looking for suggestions at this point.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hell I can't think of any. I think the Spartan product is great as is.

edit: Make the tune free to download.:woot:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you think what I described is good, really would love a tune that shifted like the 210 but hauled *** like the 275

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
how about a 300ish tune that is a better daily driver with not as touchy of a throttle and a more streetable shift...it'd be awesome...i like driving with my high tunes...but it sucks on the 6.4 with the harsh shifts...i loved driving with erics xtreme tunes on my 6.0...the power was there if u wanted it but they were VERY streetable

·
Registered
145 Posts
250 tune with early lock-up for those without the tcm.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell I can't think of any. I think the Spartan product is great as is.

edit: Make the tune free to download.:woot:
It will be a free update for those that already have the 310 tune.

Do you think what I described is good, really would love a tune that shifted like the 210 but hauled *** like the 275
The shifts won't be that smooth. They still have to be somewhat firm in order to keep the clutches alive, just not as harsh as the race tunes.

how about a 300ish tune that is a better daily driver with not as touchy of a throttle and a more streetable shift...it'd be awesome...i like driving with my high tunes...but it sucks on the 6.4 with the harsh shifts...i loved driving with erics xtreme tunes on my 6.0...the power was there if u wanted it but they were VERY streetable
I like the sounds of that a lot Josh! :thumb:

250 tune with early lock-up for those without the tcm.
That has been considered, but this is going to be a different tune from the 250. :nod:

·
Registered
707 Posts
How 'bout a 250 tow tune.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How 'bout a 250 tow tune.
We already have a tow tune, no need for another.

How about that fuel mileage tune we talked about?
We will not be making a fuel economy specific tune.

The idea behind this tune is smoother shifting than the current race tunes, but still firm enough to keep the transmission happy, and at the same time have a tune with plenty of get up and go when you need it. This tune will also not have the extremely sensitive throttle response like the 310 tune does. Hopefully that sounds appealing :thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
We already have a tow tune, no need for another.

We will not be making a fuel economy specific tune.

The idea behind this tune is smoother shifting than the current race tunes, but still firm enough to keep the transmission happy, and at the same time have a tune with plenty of get up and go when you need it. This tune will also not have the extremely sensitive throttle response like the 310 tune does. Hopefully that sounds appealing :thumb:
The tune you described is what I am looking for, and if it got better fuel mileage that would be a plus.:thumb:
-Mike

·
Registered
742 Posts
Less injector rattle. I love the power on the 310 but the injector rattle sounds so bad sometimes I feel like its gotta be hurting something.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Oh and I don't really pull but what about a sled pullinj tune?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Why not a fuel economy tune? I would think this would draw alot more people than just high horespower.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Why not a fuel economy tune? I would think this would draw alot more people than just high horespower.
This is from another forum: We can't produce a fuel economy specific tune. You gotta remember that these are "off road" tunes. There is a post that Matt has made on several of these forums regarding that subject.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a post made by Matt on TDG June of 2009 regarding the fuel economy tunes.....

First of all, I'm going to point out a few things here for you.

DPF deletes are for off-road use- period. There is a disclaimer signed for every single tuner that goes out the door; whether or not users actually read it or just sign and fax is not up to me.

Given that it is illegal not only to use DPF deletes on public highways, but for us to manufacture and sell a device knowingly to be used in an illegal fashion- hence the need for the disclaimer.

We can't control what really happens with them- that is up to the customer. But putting a huge marketing claim, a guarantee of mileage increase, ect is a HUGE liability that my company (and many others) will not take with the EPA or other government entities in order to "humor" users simply seeking extra mileage

Most trucks do see a mileage increase- whether those economy increases are seen on-road or off-road are out of our control. We make that very, very clear with the disclaimer if it is actually ready.

With that said, our priority with ANY AND ALL DPF DELETE TUNING will be for competition use at the race track or sled pulling, period.

Whether some people are "tired" of seeing timeslips or burnouts is irrelevant- the gods honest truth is that more of our business at the moment is coming from performance driven interests than fuel economy and driving Ms. Daisy on sunday. For legal purposes, it will remain that way. All complaints with this policy can be mailed to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC.

I'm sure I could make more money marketing and designing a product strictly for on-road and illegal use- just as I could sell dope or illegal weapons and get rich. But I will not lose my business over it. Track use is legal; road use isn't. 18-20MPG consistently (as in not just one tank of fuel- on average) with a DPF on the truck, just isn't going to happen. Physics kicks in and creates an unreasonable situation you are asking for. Read around at mileage results on "clean" tuners such as the Banks, ect and you'll see just how much good they do.

The matter of fact is that higher HP tunes will get better fuel mileage, period. However right now our market is driven by performance- there are only so many people on our staff and only so many hours in a day. Until the performance market changes, our priority with DPF delete tuning will be in running what some people obviously consider "silly" competition use.

There is a reason that no one is listening to what you are complaining of. Legally, we cant. Regardless of what goes on behind the computer screen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I can understand the view Matt has. Why call it a mileage tune call it what ever.Call it the ranch tune for the farmer that want better mileage when driving around on there 100,000 acres. Besides if someone wants to sue you a waiver is not going to help much.Mcdonalds got sued for hot coffee.The court system is a joke.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And after McDonalds got sued, they had to put a notice on coffee cups that it would be hot. Waivers do help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is it not notice enough you are ordering coffee. Besides anyone can get on the spartan website and forum where you guys are answering street use questions to a non-street tune.To be fair I am sure you find thoes type question and answers on all of them.I hope it never happens but if a programmer gets sued I dont see where it could hide behind a waiver when answering those type question.Who hasnt read one of those mileage increase posts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts