Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was reading on another fourm that a new TSB was released, TSB 11-7-10. This tsb is related to the shift flares (mostly 2/3). The fix is replacing 3 of the solenoids in the tranny. Trucks that are affected are 11/19/10 and prior. I had the reflashes done to mine and I noticed a huge difference, but still have the 2/3 flares once in awhile. Looking for any information on this so called new TSB or figure out if it is just a rumor???? And of course my dealer has no clue...

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Let us know if you find anything out. I get the 2/3 flare 25% of the time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ordered parts for mine....they are on back order......

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
What did you tell them was the problem to actually get them to order parts. Mine doesn't do it all the time. And it never shows a problem when the dealer drives it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The tsb is cut and dry.....built before 11/19/10 gets new solenoids and a program
update.....

after 11/19/10 gets just the update....

·
Registered
42 Posts
when my truck sits for 5 plus hours and you first drive it..the first shift into 3rd...
it happens all the time.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
The tsb is cut and dry.....built before 11/19/10 gets new solenoids and a program
update.....

after 11/19/10 gets just the update....
Do you have a copy or link to the TSB?

·
Registered
42 Posts
FORD: 2011 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Inspect vehicle build date.
If vehicle build date is on or before 11/19/2010, proceed to Step 2
If vehicle build date is between 11/20/2010 and 4/11/2011, solenoid replacement is not necessary, proceed to Step 3.
Replace the three (3) normally high solenoids. Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01B. Proceed to Step 3.
Remove solenoids in-vehicle, identify the service band required for LPC, C35R/SSB, C456/SSE solenoids. Do not remove the main control.
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.02 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at Buy Motorcraft Parts Online | Official Motorcraft Auto Parts Site | FordParts.com.
NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
BC3Z-7G383-K Solenoid-Band Number 2
BC3Z-7G383-L Solenoid-Band Number 3
BC3Z-7G383-M Solenoid-Band Number 4
BC3Z-7G383-N Solenoid-Band Number 5

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110710A 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs, Reprogram The PCM And TCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations) 0.6 Hr.
110710B 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs, Replace Three Shift Solenoids, Reprogram The PCM And TCM (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor operations) 2.0 Hrs.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
recal 04

·
Registered
39 Posts
ordered parts for mine....they are on back order......
If they don't know which solenoid you need until they drop the pan is your truck sitting in the shop right now? And thanks for the TSB info

·
Registered
39 Posts
What years are we talking about. Sure I am not the only one questioning this. Just the new trans & motor or 6's & 6.4s?
ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak.

·
Registered
50 Posts
fbomb-did you do DPF delete with your black maxx? If so are you going to have to put the stock exhaust back on first. Also, I wonder what effect, if any, the new reflash will have on the H&S tuners. Not to mention now that H&S is doing transmission tuning, I wonder how this will effect the new solenoids?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the update first did not fix my problem.....my dealer ordered all 4 so my
truck would not be down more than a day.....If your dealer will work with you
you do not have to remove the exhaust....the truck can not be started until
you re-program with the H&S...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Shifting

Having the same problem with my transmission in my F350. It was real bad pulling my trailer through Mt. Shasta this past weekend. Taking it to the dealer today for the new TSB..:dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
There seems to be a missunderstanding about what TSB means. It is Technical Service Bulletin. It is not a recall. It is to give dealers a heads up if the customer has certain problems. This doesn't mean that if your truck has no problems that you should carry it in and get it modified. The first thing that needs to be understood is that the dealer doesn't keep special parts in stock to do the service covered in the TSB. Ford doesn't send these parts to a dealer for free. The dealer must pay for them and the dealer doesn't get his money back until he actually bills Ford for the work done. It isn't likely that your dealer will have these parts in stock, so unless you really are having problems I wouldn't carry my truck in demanding that the TSB be performed. If you do you may not have your truck back for several days. If nothing is wrong in the shifting of your truck, why would you want to be without it for several days?:confused: The reason I post these things is some have hinted in the past that these TSBs have to be performed by your dealer. Why would you want them performed if you aren't having problems? I was having shifting issues and had my truck flashed and the problems were cured. I'm not having problems now so I'll leave well enough alone.:thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
What was you build date?....Mine had the flash and still had the problem....
My build date was 4/1/10.....
So thats why I posted it...sharing info.......

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I appreciate the sharing of info. I don't think anybody here was thinking it was a recall. If Dave Nowlin had read the thread he would've seen that everybody that chimed in were experiencing some sort of problem related to the TSB. Had mine flashed a couple months ago and didn't fix the problem. So I called my dealer after you posted this and they've got me scheduled to do the repair based upon my past problems. They are ordering all 4 solenoids so I won't have to wait more than a day. Thanks for the info fbomb.

·
Registered
189 Posts
TSB

My build date is 9/10. Taking the truck into the dealer today to have it looked at. I have the 2-3 shift problem, but i have problems shifting into reverse where it takes a few seconds to kick in, and when it does its super hard and loud.

·
Registered
42 Posts
NO problem....was just trying to help out.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the flash done a while back and it fix the 2nd 3rd flare up. But lately when the truck shifts gears it loses power then once the shift is made it gains it back almost feels just like riding in a manual truck. Also on wot in 3rd gear the rpms hang at 3k for a little bit then carry on. Anyone with thoughts on these issue. Sorry for thread jacking

1 - 20 of 31 Posts