Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on july 18th i took my boat and 05 trailblazer down to my dealer and traded them in for a 2004 f250 superduty 6.0 4 door shortbed lariat. has 60,000 miles on it runs like a top clean inside and out. only thing i was a little worried about was the after market class 5, 2 1/5"reese hitch and the rear airbags and brake controller.so i got a 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warrenty. and i also paid a little more for free lifetime oil changes,well i have to pay for the filter.all said and done out the door for $20,500. i thought i did well. the first week i had i put 2,000 miles on it. went to california with my quad in the back and the family and all our stuff up front we got 19mpg very happy with the truck cant wait to get the new 4inch turbo back exhaust let the thing breath a little bit. ill be around the board for now on will keep updates on the truck as i go. david

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome to the addiction !!!

·
Tennessee Powerstrokes
2,830 Posts
on july 18th i took my boat and 05 trailblazer down to my dealer and traded them in for a 2004 f250 superduty 6.0 4 door shortbed lariat. has 60,000 miles on it runs like a top clean inside and out. only thing i was a little worried about was the after market class 5, 2 1/5"reese hitch and the rear airbags and brake controller.so i got a 3 year 36,000 mile powertrain warrenty. and i also paid a little more for free lifetime oil changes,well i have to pay for the filter.all said and done out the door for $20,500. i thought i did well. the first week i had i put 2,000 miles on it. went to california with my quad in the back and the family and all our stuff up front we got 19mpg very happy with the truck cant wait to get the new 4inch turbo back exhaust let the thing breath a little bit. ill be around the board for now on will keep updates on the truck as i go. david
Welcome to the Addiction Bud! I would go with a 3 1/2" down pipe because depending on engine placement the 4" may not fit. Just a word if caution. you do as you wish.:thumb: You can buy the motorcraft filters a lot of places if the dealer wants to up charge for them.:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my old man works for les schwabs here in washington they have had this 4inch straight pipe exhaust for 5 years. they ordered it for someone and then they never saw the guy again. so they said i can have it for 200 bucks. plus i get to use there lift at the shop to install it. and when i decide to lift it (after the tires wear out) ill buy the tuff country lift from them get my 20 percent off the cost plus get to use the lift to install it myself so i do not have to pay for labor.a case of beer will get my alignment done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts