Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2011 F250 6.7 liter diesel. I was wondering about what are some of the best shocks available and if I wanted to do a small lift but keep my OEM 20" rims what is my best options?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm with DSL PWR on both points...depending on your budget and taste.

By the way...:ORG welcome:

The ReadyLifts are economical ways to lift/level. They're certainly not the best, but I've run 200K miles on my Tundra and my 2012 F350 combined, with ZERO problems.

I have the ReadyLift 3.5" front 1" rear...easy to install, stock 20's with 35" Trails, Plasti-Dipped black. I'm also running the Carli adjustable track rod, which made a world of difference for not much money.

Carli is a great brand that most people love - high quality, high performance.

Fox shocks, can't wait to buy some. But for now, I'm still with my original FX4 Ranchos at 108K miles.

Reactions: lmckeeh3

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm with Fosterelli... a simple level/lift is the easiest option. I went with the 2.5 front/2 rear and have been really happy. just enough to give it a boost in the stance, but not too much. I went with the Pro-Comp because I found it new/open box for a ridiculous price, and it's identical to the Readylift kit. install on both are easy and straight forwards. I didn't need any extra suspension/steering parts afterwords, i.e. no caster shims, stabilizers etc.... handles the same before as after.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm with Fosterelli... a simple level/lift is the easiest option. I went with the 2.5 front/2 rear and have been really happy. just enough to give it a boost in the stance, but not too much. I went with the Pro-Comp because I found it new/open box for a ridiculous price, and it's identical to the Readylift kit. install on both are easy and straight forwards. I didn't need any extra suspension/steering parts afterwords, i.e. no caster shims, stabilizers etc.... handles the same before as after.

Could you post a pick of your truck. Do you still have a little rake to it. I tow everyday and don't want mine to squat with just a level kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
925 Posts
Could you post a pick of your truck. Do you still have a little rake to it. I tow everyday and don't want mine to squat with just a level kit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
PM me your cell# or email... it's easier that way. my truck came with the 2" blocks from the factory and was almost level. it's still near perfect level with hardly any rake. they also make a 2.5" front/3.0" rear which keeps a bit of rake in it. it's their "tow package (TP)" kit.

·
Registered
883 Posts
On the F350 it comes from the factory with more rake angle than the F250s. I also like some rake, which is why I added the taller rear block...rather than just "leveling". I hate squatty trucks.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I just put the ReadyLift TP kit on 2.5" Front/3" rear. It looks pretty level with a very slight rake. Here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,936 Posts
Shocks will only add so much without altering the spring rate... Our kits lift the front with a lightened rate 2.5" lift coil, recenter the axle with an adjustable track bar, include stainless brake lines for the extended travel and caster shims to correct the caster. The rear is lifted 2" with a progressive add-a-pack and our Fox 2.0" shocks on all four corners are custom tuned to the lighter springs for a better ride with more control.

Commuter System, Level 2.5" Super Duty Suspension system for Ford F250 / F350

1 - 10 of 10 Posts