Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

Registered
Welcome to the 6.0 world! The build will never end....something will always be wrong with it lol

bench

Registered
馃槵 My pocket book and wife both say it needs to end.
I had to do that myself...I have had a diesel and a gas truck ever since 2000 until now...this is the first time I鈥檓 exclusively diesel and my extremely well taken care of and properly equipped excursion has me pretty pissed.

my wife just got a new king ranch f250 that鈥檚 already been in the shop 3 weeks for warranty work.

I am not brand specific or loyal to a brand...but man, ford has a lot to do to earn my trust back at this point...

going back to duramax so I can maintain some sanity...hell, might skip out completely on diesel and just buy a tundra and be completely worry free

bench

Registered
I had to do that myself...I have had a diesel and a gas truck ever since 2000 until now...this is the first time I鈥檓 exclusively diesel and my extremely well taken care of and properly equipped excursion has me pretty pissed.

my wife just got a new king ranch f250 that鈥檚 already been in the shop 3 weeks for warranty work.

I am not brand specific or loyal to a brand...but man, ford has a lot to do to earn my trust back at this point...

going back to duramax so I can maintain some sanity...hell, might skip out completely on diesel and just buy a tundra and be completely worry free

bench
Only you can decide what's best for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Registered
Only you can decide what's best for you. Good luck with whatever you decide.
It鈥檚 tough getting an $80k truck and the engine drops a valve and takes out the engine within 2000 miles.

obviously, Ford will eat this one...and I will let my wife decide what she wants to do...but as far as me? Think I鈥檓 done with the ford scam for a while.

bench

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Hmmmmmff.

Found out today on my visit to the shop... I need main bearings. Not the news I was wanting to hear about my cream puff. And that the headgaskets had been done before, probably a dirty job and is what lead to the scoring with the main bearings. That led me to purchase the Carfax. Well, come to find out the truck lived in Calgary Canada for 12 years and had the transmission and transmission cooler replaced @66k miles. I also thought while I was there that I should probably add a RedHead power steering box. The stock looked tired and was seeping a bit. Time to go crack my second beer, it helps to ease the sting. :)

Erik

Registered
At least you had planned to get work done.

Premium Member
How much was the cost of the truck to begin with ?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Registered
Here's the way I look at it. I paid $14 for my F-550. It was a little high but I got a good baseline truck that had service records. I figure that even if I put 20 - 25K in to the truck, I will have a truck that is just as capable as any 2017 and is practically brand new. Hell if I really want I can even make my truck look like the 2017 inside and out with all of the conversion stuff out there. I plan to just suck it up and spend what I have to do top of the line parts. So for about 40K which is about 50% of what you would pay for a new truck. I will just expect and plan for new engine and trans. I'm making a small truck payment to a savings account and once I have enough in there I will just build or buy a top of the line engine and just replace it all back to new. I will do the same with the trans. Everything else on these trucks is super solid unless you live in an area where rust is an issue. This makes economic sense to me especially since I can do 95% of the work myself which saves a ton of $$

Reactions: bismic

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Here's the way I look at it. I paid $14 for my F-550. It was a little high but I got a good baseline truck that had service records. I figure that even if I put 20 - 25K in to the truck, I will have a truck that is just as capable as any 2017 and is practically brand new. Hell if I really want I can even make my truck look like the 2017 inside and out with all of the conversion stuff out there. I plan to just suck it up and spend what I have to do top of the line parts. So for about 40K which is about 50% of what you would pay for a new truck. I will just expect and plan for new engine and trans. I'm making a small truck payment to a savings account and once I have enough in there I will just build or buy a top of the line engine and just replace it all back to new. I will do the same with the trans. Everything else on these trucks is super solid unless you live in an area where rust is an issue. This makes economic sense to me especially since I can do 95% of the work myself which saves a ton of $$
That was how I justified this to myself. And I understand the costs of these trucks. It is still a little hard to swallow dropping 15-20k into a 14yo truck. I just really don鈥檛 want anymore surprises on this project. I will post some pictures Monday. I keep forgetting to take them when I am at the shop. 馃槓 Truck looks crazy with the cab off and engine gone. 馃榿

Erik

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
A few pics I forgot to post. I should pick the truck up tomorrow. It is looking awesome. And of course I forgot to take pictures. 馃槑

Premium Member
That was how I justified this to myself. And I understand the costs of these trucks. It is still a little hard to swallow dropping 15-20k into a 14yo truck. I just really don鈥檛 want anymore surprises on this project. I will post some pictures Monday. I keep forgetting to take them when I am at the shop. 馃槓 Truck looks crazy with the cab off and engine gone. 馃榿

Erik
my first 06 ccsb got stolen paid 6.5k 285k kms with bad HG.
Got myself another one 15k$ 180 kms hgs ,oil cooler seems it was replaced got a metal screen underneath. , egr cooler are good , interior is practically brand new exept for driver side rip, but its a non starter as of now,i am the 3rd owner of this one.
so yeah i am not spending mad coin on mine just yet , hopefully not for a while , i plan on towing a 5er or bumper pull eventually when everything is sorted out.

mine also seems to be the same color combo as yours :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
my first 06 ccsb got stolen paid 6.5k 285k kms with bad HG.
Got myself another one 15k$ 180 kms hgs ,oil cooler seems it was replaced got a metal screen underneath. , egr cooler are good , interior is practically brand new exept for driver side rip, but its a non starter as of now,i am the 3rd owner of this one.
so yeah i am not spending mad coin on mine just yet , hopefully not for a while , i plan on towing a 5er or bumper pull eventually when everything is sorted out.

mine also seems to be the same color combo as yours :)
The color is growing on me. Wasn鈥檛 my favorite at first but was the 鈥榗leanest鈥 I could find under the circumstances. I am actually going to wrap the highlight color in black. Pretty much blacking the truck out. Grill/headlights/bumpers/headache rack all black. With the 2 tone strip blacked out also. I think. 馃榿馃お

Registered
Discussion Starter #40
The shop did such a great job. A ton of custom work went into this thing. With all the different parts there were some fitment issues. Turned out nice I think.
OMG this thing is a beast. More to follow.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts