Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a pretty clean 2000 7.3l. It's a texas truck and a forged 7.3l which is what i wanted with a goal of 500hp. So far I've done new front sway bar links,bushings,pads and rotors. New air filter. Oil is brand new so didnt change it yet. Tranny is clean. I'm going to change the fluid in the t case and both diffs. Also need to get a fuel filter. I'm going to pull the ebp sensor tube and clean it. Also do the ccv mod, Need to pull the ic pipes and clean all the boots as there all oiled up and look like there leaking but it runs great. So as far as the ccv goes should i just dump it or run a catch can? Also any other things i should take a look at or keep a eye one?:icon_ford: Also whats a good levling kit? Im huge into jeeps but have no clue who makes good lifts for these tho.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Id run a catch can and just empty the can when you change the oil. Nice find btw. Some days I wish I had kept my 7.3!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Id run a catch can and just empty the can when you change the oil. Nice find btw. Some days I wish I had kept my 7.3!

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
check your hubs for easy movement for one. I had all kinds of work done to my truck & they somehow missed that item

as far as ccv, NCHornet has a kit on Stealth autos site. I use that cuz its a clean set up, that will fix you oil all over issues.

also I like to check AFTER all the oil is cleaned up that all the wires haven't been eaten by rodents. my engine well became a nesting area, so I poured some oil down there to keep them out so the wouldn't eat any wiring.

Nice truck :thumb:

oh yeah, do a coolant flush. mine had never been done. even after having the truck for 10 years. Its amazing what comes out

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
check your hubs for easy movement for one. I had all kinds of work done to my truck & they somehow missed that item

as far as ccv, NCHornet has a kit on Stealth autos site. I use that cuz its a clean set up, that will fix you oil all over issues.
also I like to check AFTER all the oil is cleaned up that all the wires haven't been eaten by rodents. my engine well became a nesting area, so I poured some oil down there to keep them out so the wouldn't eat any wiring.

Nice truck :thumb:

oh yeah, do a coolant flush. mine had never been done. even after having the truck for 10 years. Its amazing what comes out

I did this kit on my 6.0. Great kit! :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do all the 10.5 rear axles have a posi? If mine does it needs new clutches. I did a little burn out to see if it worked. It didn't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All i can say is wow the ts chip with TW tunes makes it a whole new truck. I have a 5" straight pipe on the way. Also going to order a afe stage 2 or make a intake and order up some gauges. I did do the cvv delet this weekend. Also made a nice catch can but still need to put it on. It did throw a code one time after i hammered on it real hard. It didnt stay and i didn't get a chance to pull it. After that it also shut off 1 or 2 times and cut in and out a little. I need to check where the chip connects and clean it again. I thought i had it good maybe not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cleaned the contacks again seems fine now. SES light stayed off too for now. I love it so far the extream setting sucks to just drive in but is awsome at wot . Steet works great. Economy imo makes the truck so much more drivable much better shift points. Economy does lope a tad for a second when coming to a stop tho. But not all the time. It so little tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts